rx8

so i was think about a 05 rx8…im thinking about buying a new car this summer and was wondering what people think

Pros :

• Return of lightweight rotary engine.
  • Four-door practicality.
  • Two-door sporty looks.
  • Well-balanced chassis due to front mid-ship engine placement.
  • Affordable price.

Cons :

• Improved, but still poor fuel economy.
  • Rotary engine expensive to repair.
  • Four-passenger interior results in oddly-proportioned exterior.
  • Not as powerful as its 2-seater rival, the Nissan 350Z.
  • Claustrophobic rear passenger space.

They look neat and i hear they are pretty roomy for a sports car. I ws actually gonna test drive one last weekend but couldent arrange a drive. From what i hear they are slow but handle really well.

This reminds me that one time where that kid showed up at BTC with his auto RX8 and said real deal should give him a decent run…then got beat by EVERYONE like a freight train

Not like super fast, but look great and handle like fucking sex

pretty nice interior too

I like them a lot. They look great.
Not exactly fast and the reliability of the rotary scares me, but other than that…

If you want a great looking slow car, then go for it. They are coming out with turbo kits for it now though…

i like them, the aftermarket is starting to get a lil better for them too

they look hot…but still on the slow side. I pass by a really nice looking pearl colored one everyday…I say…go for it. you can always make it faster if you aren’t satisfied with the speed :slight_smile:

the mazdaspeed 6 is right in the same price range, you might as well check out one of those too.

I would have bought one, but I wasn’t a fan of the rotary. not a rocket either.

amazing looks in and out though.

slower than crapola, but fun to drive.

I would look at plenty of other cars before the MS6 as well, unless you like good looking but slow boats.

my friend got 14mpg avarage in his :tdown:

I heard you can get them for really cheap now since they’re not in a high demand. Like 7k-8k off MSRP.

I forget the difference because I know next to nothing about the car, but isn’t the auto like 60 HP lower than the manual?

Mixed views…

They look pretty nice, and the couple I’ve driven held the road nice, but they are just so inefficient and unreliable. If you can afford to maintain it and already know that it’s fun but not super fast, then it’s a good fit for you.

as far as reliability of the renesis rotary, you have to remember it is non turbo and much less prone to my situation (blown apex seal)

i think they do look nice but are dirt slow … a good set of wheels does wonders for that car.
i really do liek the looks … see about swaps in them :wink:

C&D said the A/C was so weak, that there’s a TSB dealer fix for it that doesn’t really help much

i dunno. they look good and handle well, but i just don’t see the appeal of that damn engine yet. it’s not efficient, not fast - what’s the point, then? just come out with a factory turbo edition already

they are very sexy cars and you can find them used rather cheap, but did you take a look at the mazdaspeed mazda6 :tup: 4cyl turbo, 278hp/280tq, 6spd, awd, $28,000