McCain proposes suspending US gasoline taxes this summer

Amen to that!
:bigclap:

The one, and only bright point to this idea is for the transport & retail industries. And that is even miniscule on the consumer level… Over the road truckers, cabbies, etc. Then you’re talking ~$143 over the entire 98 day period.

Hell, at that point it won’t even bring down the trickle down of transport costs (groceries & consumable goods costing more because of the trucks that get them from the dock to the shelves) …

Everyone pays $100/week to a national fuel fund, then you pay (your income/10000) per gallon no matter what the market does.

omg, lol

I was going to pick that apart… then realized you’re being Fry.

McCain needs to get back to his housing market plan because that was a million times better than this idea.

This one smells like nothing but a trick to get votes. I guess that shouldn’t surprise me though considering my party is the party that knows how to win an election. :wink:

He could vote for Ron Paul.

There is so much wrong with this… even though this isnt the thread for that.

:snky:

It got him in the news, created a buzz, maybe swung the polls, wont actually do much for the trickle down effect for anything.

We need to focus on the fuckign mortage mess, in order to get our dollar back up to snuffs

I wish i had these politicans person e-mail addresses. “Yo Mc-dizzle that gas relief shit is full of lulz. Holler at me dawg.”

Fixed

Fixed

well said ther Jays
we all know that al gore, hillary, brock, bill cilton and McCain have lied slimed and squarmed their way to the top though.

what about having two fuel costs, one for consumers the other for commercial use. Give truck frivers, cabbies, and airlines a discounted rate with the understanding that thier rates would go down to help the consumer?

That wasn’t a rebuke of his statement.

makes sense to me, however I don’t see it helping much as the rest of us would probably picking up the slack anyway

We can individually work on our own fuel costs (fewer trips, better gas milage car etc…) but when you go food shopping or have to ship somthing or fly the lower prices could help the economy.

Why rebuke something that has no basis in reality? It’s better to just point out he loves the cock.

???

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/71/DP-Brock.png/120px-DP-Brock.png