McKinney Mounts

Anyone use these for the RB series swap. just shelled out the $380 to ship a set up from Cali. You guys have any fitment pictures if you’ve used them? I saw how the RB crossmember swap fit an personally it sits too far up and too high in the engine bay for me. Any picture help would be appreciated… And yes I tried google already.

I’ve worked with them… and they fit like ass… sorry no pics though>>> Waste of money in my opinion.

So you would suggest using the crossmember? I ordered the mounts already but I plan to go solid instead of rubber for the mounts once I’m done my swap.

Use the cross member. Much better fit. just be sure to push the cross member back as far as you can when you tighten her to the frame.

Don’t want the motor too low. My 3" DP scrapes sometimes and I’m only on Tein SS and GR2’s.

That and I don’t trust “made” mounts unless they are solid steel or I made them myself

Personally I’d suggest using them. Chris (Slide_Junkie) has them in his S13, I was GOING to use them but ran out of money. I found that the R32 cross member made everything sit a little to close to my rad, and there was about 2 inches of space still to go between the firewall and my motor.

I’ve found that with the McKinney mounts the motor sits slightly lower allowing all stock piping like the recirc. valve to clear without hitting the hood, allows for a beefyer strut bar, bigger rad and puller fan setup, easier for FMIC piping as for clearance (In my case my PS pump line was rubbing up against my stock rad), slightly adjusts the weight sitting on the cross member - although not much of a totally noticeable difference (Remember I drove mine all winter with stock struts and didn’t have a problem at all with braking and weight shifting) it still does help. Last but not least my most hated problem with mine was my steering column shaft rubbing against my turbo elbow. With the motor slightly lower and closer to the firewall, it allows the steering column to sit in a perfect pocket in the elbows bend without rubbing.

Hope that helps Chris!

For the money you paid, considering they’re MUCH more brand new, it’s totally worth it.

EDIT: Make sure you get the McKinney tranny mount as well…I shouldn’t have to explain why lol.

yup chris is going to finally get that rb in. he bought these maybe 2 days before someone came to me offering the r32 crossmember he wanted. Chris’s mckinney kit does come with a tranny mount so he good to go.

Yeah they come with tranny mounts… Anyone have any pictures of the swap completed I want to compare the fitment. Slide Junkie your help would be appreciated as for P/S and A/C Im not running any so that won’t be a problem.

Why aren’t you running PS? lol A/C I can understand…but power steering?

he has a zenki hatchback and as you know the location of the ps is the other side. he will be running it later with custom lines.

I’d suggest picking up the lines before you put the motor in. It saves you SOOOOOOO much headache after when you don’t have to do it from underneath the car in tight spaces.

ps is for pussies.

I rocked no PS, no sway bar and stock suspension with my old RB25 coupe. Makes the car feel like driving an old muscle car or something… hard to drive, handled like a sack of potatoes, but maaaan did it go in a straight line.

They say you are what you eat :wink:

There could be something very easily said to support this statement and make you look a fool.

Everyone’s a fool to someone.

clearly.

:wink:

i have no ps, and i eat pussy. therefore your statement is void.

back on topic, when do you get the mounts chris?

Next week hopefully, and yeah no power steering is nothing to me haha, I’ve had 2 240s without power steering so Im used to it. I just drain the rack very well and there’s almost no resistance

breaker, since you’re running no ps, should we call you Rambo from now on?