Mckrackin Ford

:rofl: I had the EXACT same thing happen to me out at CIII Dodge. I went in to look at a Dakota truck, and the people there basically ignored me. I finally asked to see a salesman, when an older guy, maybe around mid 50’s, came out and started to talk to me. He didn’t even sound interested in the sale. Showed me the truck, checked out the interior, then walked back in. He says to me “Do you even have the money to afford this truck right now?”. That pissed me off beyond all belief.

I left and went to my uncle’s house to tell him about it. He buys alot of vehicles, and deals almost directly with the people at Shultz Dodge when he needs a Dodge product. He sent me out there, I bought the exact truck I was looking for, and they treated me like absolute gold. It was great.

A couple of days after I bought the truck, my uncle had a pretty big move job he had to do in which the customer wanted to pay straight cash. He ended up with about 17k in his hand. He gave me a call and wanted to know if I wanted to have some fun.

He picked me up and we went down to Century III Dodge. He threw all this money in a duffel bag, and he and I walked in. We found the original salesman and he told him that I was still interested in the truck. The guy gave sort of a disinterested look, but we went out, checked it out, test drove it, and I told the guy I loved it and wanted to buy it now. Once again, he asked how I’d like to pay for it and if I had a trade.

We get back to his desk and sit down and my uncle goes out, grabs the duffel bag, and comes in. He sets it on the guys desk and says “Here is 17k. We’ll finance the other 4”. The guy damn near shit a brick. As he looked inside, my uncle gets up and says “next time, don’t judge a book by its cover. I think we’ll go buy a truck from someone that treated us good when we first walked in the door, no matter how we’re dressed” and walked out.

The guy literally followed us out the door, along with either the Sales Manager or General Manager begging us to come back in. We just jumped in the car, waved at them and took off.

Fuck those people. That is rule #1 of sales, you sell to everyone exactly the same whether you think they have money or not.