Me watches tumbleweed go through FWD forum...

Hahah. It’s ok, I was supposed to be an Alfred.

Hahaha oh man. That would have been awesome Alf.

Hey Alfred? This is Batman…gimme your goddamn car - I have to go stop the Joker. :smiley:

Oooh! Punish that bad boy! :love:whip
Just keep your private lives out of this TECHNICAL forum :puke: j/k lol

Yeah, they are at the machine shop with the block now. Maybe I’ll start a thread about this project from hell so that PyreXXX will be happy.

As stated before, it’s my forum and I’ll cry if I want to. :E

But do go ahead and post up your miserable stories that others might learn from your misfortune. Or laugh their asses off, anyway. :slight_smile:

The install went smoothly, some more vibration, throught the pedal area. But a much more solid feeling car. Shifts are much smoother, well worth the 34.81.

Nice! I’ve heard on the Spec that you’re less likely to misshift because the linkage doesn’t move with the engine when the MMI’s are in. We’ll see. :slight_smile:

Well, I’m running into some difficulty trying to get some motor mounts for my application.
This is the closest I’ve gotten ( http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Product_Code=7-1106G ), and from what I’ve been reading through the net they may not work for me for some reason.
But my search continues.

Is it possible for me to just try get some measurements of my motor mounts and get some universal fit like motor mounts/inserts?

Jared are your Neons MMI application specific?

They should work…I bet it’s the exact same motor as the Sentra/200 Sx.

Anyway, I just got the car back from Speedworks - the MMI’s make a huge difference! You feel so much more connected to the car…and the idle vibration is mildly annoying, but a fairly small price to pay for no wheel hop. The shifter feels rock solid now, where as before it was a little vague.

Mine were specific. they are engine and chassis specific. the mounts you found should work.

I could not find any MMI for 93-97 Altima, so Cory at Speedworks suggested coating my existing mounts with urethane. I can’t wait to see how that turns out!

Some guys on the VBoard have done that with their Spec V’s instead of buying proper mounts, and they say it gives almost exactly the same effect as MMI’s. So, enjoy your lack of wheel hop! :smiley:

Well if you want to pay the money and intall new motor mounts instead of just inserts, here are some that should fit your application.
http://www.jgycustoms.com/serg20/underhood.htm

Dan

Thanks for the heads up with that link. I’ve seen them and tried to e-mail Place Racing themselves about them. They do seem to carry a hefty price weight with them, so I’m still looking into trying to get some motor mount inserts. I’ve got a lead with possibly buying the se-r one’s from ES and thing modifying them with some sort of windshield gasket or soem. Still have to try track that down though.

2000 Sentra SE with a det swap? (just judging by your name there)

1998 200sx se-r with a sr20det swap. In the process of swapping in a gt28rs turbo, should be in by this weekend.

what is your setup?

Dan

b14_sr20det Cam in Red deer did the work on your car didnt he? He’s got my Pulsar there right now. Motor is being pulled Wednesday for new bottom end, and is also piping my front mount. He is gonna tune my stand alone to once he orders it.

yeh, he’s the one that tuned my car, I’ll be sending it there soon.

just wanted to follow up on people’s motor mounts. how do they feel now? The vibrations still okay? or have they made you develope a certain tick while in slow moving traffic?

And as for my troubles, G20 mounts are larger then other SR20 mounts, so I’ll have to be going altima man’s route as well. 1GAlty I was wondering if you have a quick reference for the size or photos of motor mounts on your type of car?

Having said that, I ordered one prothane mount that stil hasn’t come in at Mopac, but when it does come it I’ll probably be putting it for sale… ahh well.

Oh just an OT link, here is a link to an Altima build.
http://www.angelfire.com/or3/factoryfreaks/

My mounts are great. The car scoots off the line a little better now that the engine isn’t trying to catapult itself out of the engine bay, and the only time the vibrations are REALLY annoying is when you’re sitting at a stoplight with the A/C on, which I don’t do very often.

Other than that, just pretend you’re at a stoplight in a Neon - same vibrations there with the stock mounts. :smiley: