Me watches tumbleweed go through FWD forum...

I’ve got the SR20development urethane on my GA16DE and I guess they are ok for my application but my car is now a rattle box. Did not have a choice with the turbo though.

Max

cool stuff, thanks for the feedback guys.

I’m going to look into that SR20development stuff, but I’m pretty sure filling mounts is what I’ll be doing.

oh did any fwd guys go out to the dyno day today?

You know what man, if you do the filling instead of the inserts you might get inconsistent results. Considering how inexpensive MMI’s are, you might as well get them considering they’re also developed for automotive applications. Sure, short term you might save a few bucks but I always find peace of mind worth the trouble.

Still in the shop, I’ll be sure to post once I get a chance to try it. Sorry no photos or specs on my Altima mounts. Nice link, 13 sec All motor!

oh i’d be all over some real mounts if i had them for my application. there aren’t any… and the place racing ones, they don’t get much praise b/c of inconsistent quality, some people report they seperate. some one used motor mounts from es for nx2000, b13 sentra se-r’s, and what he had to do for his dog bone was to use one of the nx2000 one’s and cut in half the other es and insert it on either end of the one dog bone he kept whole… erk…

i went and got the front dogbone motor mount priced out at ericksen,… $88.81… … ow…

oh yeah that altima’is totally neat.

Hey Archie,
There’s a guy in Toronto who’s been making parts for the Altima community. He just finished the first run of motor mount inserts for 1st/2nd gen Altimas. Here’s a link to his mount inserts http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2468933#post2468933

I also purchased the front swaybar endlinks that he designed.

If you’re going the polyurethane filling route, the best stuff to use is (DOW) Essex U-400HV Rapid Cure Auto Glass Urethane Adhesive. It’s the sealant stuff used to attach your windshield to your car. It cures very hard but not completely stiff so that it still absorbs some engine vibration. You can use paint thinner to clean the “filler” already present in your stock mount and then fill in the empty spaces with the poly. Fill the mount until it’s just overflowing, pop the bubbles, smooth out the surface, and give it a few days to cure. Trim the overflow and install.

my how things have changed hey Kris! :E

its winter… wth are u suppose to post, theres not much going on? i post all my current projects. its not like the 240 guys, my car nor any other FWD guy has their car parked to mess with. so there not as much to talk about as far as playing with it…

I could be wrong… But I think Nick meant that there’s more chatter in FWD now than there was in may/june 2005.

i just thought he was being sarcastic as it has been quiet lately on the FWD forums…

so many posts. :lol:

I’ve finally passed the keys to my NX onto someone elses care :frowning:

Atleast I know it’s going to a good home and the new owner promised not to part it out. If he does, I’ll have to pay a visit.

I got a rear wheel drive… :tonqe:

well i have midterms and i got nothing to post so yah. dont want to fill the forum with bs.

I have no good stories or news myself… But my dad beat a Mazdaspeed 6 yesterday in my car. The only vehicles I ever find at the lights are Trucks/Vans/Semis haha…

im always up for a race. we should go sometime to compare.

race for pinks. you lose the race, you lose your ride.

haha, i know his is faster… but w/e would be nice to compare boosted to N/A

what are you currently boosting?