Mechanics in Ottawa

Hey, I know this isn’t specificaly car related, but I couldn’t find a better forum to ask this in. So please help me out if you can(Mainly directed to ppl from Ottawa).

I’m moving back from Alberta in a few months, and I’m concerned about work. I’m a 3rd year apprentice mechanic, how much do mechanics make on average at a dealership or shop in Ottawa (as an apprentice or journeyman) and How hard is it to find work? Thanks alot in advance, from what I heard it might be a pretty brutal pay cut :frowning: So I really need to know before I can make a finalized decision.

Peter

I believe you’ll always be making more money there in Alberta than here in Ontario. Here in southern ontario you will always have competition when it comes to trying to find work. Not to mention getting a good steady flow of customers. If you can secure a job at an actual real car dealership, then you would make some good cash flow. But again, I believe it will never amount to what you are making in Alberta.

kk thanks for the info dude, got any approximate numbers per hour though? Journeyman shop rates here at most dealers vary between 25-38$p/hour.