megan quick release/boss hub isntall

so i dont have a damn clue when it comes to this shit

picked up a megan quick release and boss hub with a generic wheel.

the instructions are in japanese so i didnt even bother. the pictures didnt help much either.

i checked megans site but no help.

if anyone could give me a guide, prefferably start to finish, ( i suck) i would be forever grateful.

later boyos

You take the stock steering wheel off, bolt the hub in with the big nut that held the steering wheel. Then bolt the QR to the hub then bolt the steering wheel to the QR, I’m not sure what you missing?

horn wiring and shit i dont know much about

input?

Does your car have hicas, because I couldnt figure out how to get my horn to work conventionally. The steering position sensor junk got in the way. For now I have my horn hooked up to a random button I bought. My NRG hub had connections for the horn. Supposed to connect the horn relay wire to the terminal on the back of the horn button. If your generic wheel was anything like mine, there is a metal piece on the horn that pushes against the inside of the steering wheel. That should be grounded already since it is contacting the steering wheel which is grounded on the column, but if it isn’t you need to ground that. If you take some pictures, I would be able to help out a bit more

Make sure you set your wheels perfectly straight before you remove your old wheel.

hahaha. That is harder than it seems. I thought I had my wheels straight but when I got my new steering wheel on, it was about 15 degrees off. I got it spot on the second time though.

quick question boys

i have the qr attached to the wheel right now.

should i be able to release it at this point? i push the qr button but cant release it. bear in mind nothing is hooked up except for the qr being attached.

to pull off your original wheel you mite need to go to canadian tire and go to the auto c0unter and ask for a steering hub remover. its 50 bucks but you get it back in full after you return the tool. as far as mine(not hicas) there was just one wire that was my horn. i put my wheels straight took the old wheel off with the tool. Then i put my new hub on, it was a momo hub so it had a stamp on dead center top. pulled the wire for horn threw…bolted the i think it was a 19 mil nut back down. on the inside of the wheel there is a metal peice that goes between the hub and the wheel to ground the horn… screw in…clip the horn in…and i think you should be good to go :slight_smile:

edit

sorry i didnt see your post above mine as u got it installed.
wont let me delete so you can fi u please

no its ok

its not installed, i was juast saying the qr is attached to the wheel. the wheel’s in my hands right now, not the car lol

anyone shoud if the qr shoudl rlease right now ith the wheel not attahced?

i cant get it to disconnect.

and the dance continues

It might be a bit tough for the first few times you use it… especially if it’s not mounted. I think that one has a little botton? you have to push the little button so you can slide the collar back over the button, while it is being held, pull the two parts apart.

hint: once the pin is pushed and the collar is slid completely over it, hold that whole side with one hand like you are holding a big apple, then pull the other half off with the other hand… try turning them if it still doesn’t work.