mejak sentenced to 3 years

Surprised noone has posted this:

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/man_sentenced_for_street_racing_crash_090311

:picard:

way more reasonable than the manslaughter charge. what’s the normal charge for street racing with no accidents?

i heard this @ 6 and was going to post it, i just couldn’t find anything online about it.

I don’t agree with the sentence. Yes what happened was an accident. Yes those families lost their loved ones. And yes this young man is going to live with what happened for the rest of his life. I feel so very sorry for everyone involved, but I feel putting him in prison is not the best route. I would make him do some sort of public service. I dont know but it doesn’t seem right.

I feel bad for him and don’t agree with his sentence, that sux for him.

Oh Well.

x2

Fuck that! I think that the sentence is ABSOLUTELY absurd.

they’re making an example of him to prove a point, so hopefully everyone can learn a lesson from this. it sucks for the kid but it wasn’t the first time he’s been street racing. guarantee it’s the last though.

God, the attire he is wearing is god-awful.

That shirt isn’t cut for a tie and his tie is too short. Not to mention solid color ties are :tif:

It’s weird to think that it could have been any one of us. Especially me whose chosen chariot of choice to pilot in the summer celestial months is an SRT4.

Maybe he did something to cause the mustang to lose control. We don’t know, maybe he was the direct cause. A lot of us might say “the mustang agreed to race so it’s his fault.” If he just threw a rev at the guy and the mustang launched and drove into a tree, this sentence would be absurd. But if the neon guy intentionally swerved infront of him or towards him or anything, this sentence is not enough.

bullshit

Ugh. You’re regressing.

I dont care what anyone says…

In a mutual speed contest, criminally negligent homicide is a total bullshit charge to the person who does not die. That kid should not have had to apologize to the families because he was not at fault for the other parties irresponsibility.

The kid should have been only charged based on violating his prior charges. This is in no way condoning street racing, but there has to be a matter of accountability on both parties here.

In before all the bs stirs back up about who did what, and who didn’t do what and blah blah blah… who gives a fuck.

Anyways, I disagree entirely with the 3 years, I bet he will serve maybe 1 and get let out on good behavior but sucks for him.

I agree with you too Beck, terrible choice of attire :rofl:

Definitely valid, I just don’t want everyone here to call BS if it was the neon drivers fault. We all think it’s impossible to run someone off the road during a street race? I always thought the story was vague. He just “lost control” of a stock mustang?

Initially, Mejak faced manslaughter charges which carried a fifteen year prison term. The charges were later reduced after conferring with the families of the victims.

Looks like the victims family even have a sense of realism. This is such a shitty charge ughh.

I think its fair based on his past record…read the judges quote.

He had to learn a lesson, anything less and he would probably be hot rodding again this summer.

Welp now i know that if i ever see any car cash i wont be stopping to check things out, ill be putting myself as far away as possible. I think something like pulling this license plus community service and what not would prove the point they were trying to get.

3 young ppls lives are now ruined instead of 2.

Where is the court case involving the driver of the mustang for murdering his gf. Fuck should prob bring that up to even though hes dead.