Menu Ideas ?????

Sounds good, keep the ideas rolling i like what i see so far

get a brick oven… nothing says marketing as having brick oven dishes.

i see your car there all the time gl
i work at oen right now and after u put the wing in the fryer then shake them throw em thru the oven half way they get a little charred it real good
2x dough pizza’s too

i agree that u need to have everything that every other pizza, wing , sub place has, PLUS a little something extra. Brick oven pizza would kick ass i would even drive out there for some of that, cheese steak subs for sure, nyc style pizza would have me there every night if its good, calazones rock(all kinds: cheese, ham, sausage, etc…). Def. shitload of pastas like baked ziti, all types of alfredo pasta, penne ala vodka, lasagna, etc… hope that helps, man im fucking hungry now

i have 4 brick ovens on the way, never cooked with anything else. So you can def try it out once i open.

AWSOME

The pizza that sells is the pizza you can’t get anywhere else around the area.

Don’t go generic.

Go brick oven, go “fancy”.

The pizza places in NYC have thin crust, with like “blobs” of fresh mozzarella and fresh uncut basil on top. It’s not my favorite type of Pizza, but it’s damn good, and presentation looks awesome.

If I were you, I would stray away from the “generic” pizza places that have subs and stuff… the area is flooded with them.

You can have your chicken parm and your meatball parm and eggplant and yadda yadda, but don’t get into the “ham and cheese” and the generic cold cuts variety.

I would say, don’t go too big on your menu. Master a smaller menu, do it right, do it well. Then have specials to try out things that you may want to put on your menu later. If they specials sell well, put them up some more, make it a repeat special. See how people react to that. Then, perhaps, if you want to make it available everyday, put it on the menu.

The larger your menu is, the harder it is for you to stock everything. Granted, you reach a “larger” audience per se, but how different/better can you make things that hundreds of other establishments around the area have already mastered?

For example : Zetti’s pizza by south campus UB.

Smallish menu, specialized menu.

The food : excellent. Everything is good. You can’t get a lot of the stuff that they have at any generic pizza joint (read as : santora’s).

This is just my opinion. There is a lot of food out there in buffalo. You really need to be different.

oh yeah, and shrink your sig, it is way too big.

450 x 100

thanks

word howie…good post

More to add :

I don’t consider myself a connoisseur by any means, but I like good food.

Little things impress me the most.

Marinara sauce - the staple of an italian place. If you can’t get that right, and yours tastes like shit, you mind as well give up.

Prosciuto (sp?) - where in Buffalo can you find this stuff? No where. I personally don’t like it too much, but holy shit, it’s in/on everything around here.

Atmosphere - I’ll go to a place to eat because it’s a little nicer than the other one.

First impressions (food) - The bread that you give me in the beginning better not suck shit either. And you’re no impressing anyone with butter packets. Make your own mix. A little pesto butter is goes a long way. Olive oil and some vinigar makes you look classy.

Children’s menu - a VERY overlooked crucial piece of a menu. Parents spend enough money on their kids. They don’t want to buy a full adult sized meal for their 4 year old. If you forget to include a childrens menu, then you can forget about a lot of families.

Good luck

i agree,but it isn’t a fine dining restaurant though. There will be about 6 or 7 boothes in the dining area of the pizzeria.

Zettis is also not a fine dining restaurant either :slight_smile:

:word: very true

um. make a vegan pie. dont need anything fancy, and not many people will order it, but it would be a nice thing to have on the menu that i could just be like “i want that” instead of asking if the sauce has cheese in it, then telling the person not to put parmesean or mozzeralla on it… etc etc… and make it a reasonable price, because it seems like whenever i get a vegan pie its always super expensive for some reason even tho there is no cheese on it. yeah…

no offense newman - but not many people will buy that.

having stuff on the menu that no one buys = not good

i bet you can still order it.

hell … even if you just throw and astrisk next to pizza / subs and put a footnote at the bottom saying *vegitarian version available upon request

just an idea

Something along the lines of the Tomato Basil pizza like LaNova’s has… mmmmm

Make this:

Chicke, Artichoke, spinach & black olives on a white pizze

call it the zwarbyt special

Prosciutto is some good shit,some of the fancier places have it,i’ve had it on antipasto or italian sandwiches.

Speaking of antipasto,please make a good one.There is like 1 place around I go to that makes a halfway decent one with a good homemade italian dressing.

Wings…make them so the skin is crispy and they dont taste like rubber,do grilled wings also.Most of the places around here use franks and butter to make wing sauce,its pretty good but they all taste the same after awhile FYI.

oh ya,fresh mozerella > Shredded mozerella.

La Castalana has some good antipasto… but I order the vegetarian one