Mercedes Magic Vision Control

Really stupid statement

RV’s actually add value to your life. You trade the gas mileage for something tangable, the ability to vacation and getaway. You actually get something of value out of the investment. I’m not stranger to that. I’m a boat owner. Got a big ole chevy 350 based motor in the back of it. If I’m lucky, I’ll get 1mpg out of it. But like I said, I get the enjoyment of boating every weekend.

What are you paying for here? A novelty. You’re paying to have a feature just for the sake of having it. Every other car on the planet has windshield wipers that do a great job as-is. So, it really just is another piece of over-engineering and over-thinking a system that is more than likely better off remaining simple.

edit: I’m not saying it’s going to stop anyone from buying a benz, but I bet it will definitely piss owners off when it breaks or when they are told by their inspection station that they cost $300 to replace.

Necessary?

Another great Mercedes idea. Just like the U-joints that aren’t replaceable on the sprinter. Need new ones? Looks like a $700 driveshaft is in your future.

Will they shoot chilled water in the summer to keep the windshield at a comfy temp.?

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Yeah, it attracted big boned blonde women in lingerie who threw themselves on the cars causing damage. Project scrapped.

A bunch of execs and bean counters at Daimler sat in a board room and thought of all the ways they could force people to buy their replacement wear items from the dealer only. This was the best idea.