Merry Christmas Me v.Subaru Built Motors

I forsee disaster, there is a reason why a ton of others feel this way. They aren’t doing it to bag on you.

You keep saying “my guys are up for the job and smart enough to do it”. Unless its the innovative crew…they aren’t. Sorry.

Josh- I know u said this would be a future build and what not…but seriously get a replacement stock motor…dont go crazy on boost have a lil fun…slowly build the motor yourself with the help of people here and knowledge from mike and the others…then say in two years ur motor will be complete without totally killing ur funds…also u may want to get out of the STi in a year or so…again I know u said future build do it slow and steady that way u can learn how to do it as you go and have others show u things…

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:61,topic:40149"”]

I forsee disaster, there is a reason why a ton of others feel this way. They aren’t doing it to bag on you.

[/quote]

Should have taken that advice on the Shadow build? meh

[quote=“articzap,post:64,topic:40149"”]

[/quote]

Yep, live and learn. :tup:

[quote=“articzap,post:64,topic:40149"”]

[/quote]

A $300 shadow build is far different from a $7000 subaru build.

[quote=“MOBOOST4U,post:35,topic:40149"”]

Thanks Mike, I dint know it could take 35psi no matter the fuel. Thats amazing to me…

[/quote]

that statement says to me that you have no clue and are just throwing cash at big ticket words like 42r, 45r, stage 3, cams, nitrous oxide, etc…

If you want to build a track car, you need to first figure out how to drive. You are 19, so don’t go spewwing out BS like, “I’ve been to dunville twice, I can drive”. You have no clue what is needed for a track car if you dont have experience on a track.

next up is to LEARN about the things you are upgrading. Did you just hear these terms used on other forums and decide that they are the best setup for you? What if the rest of those people are just bench racers? Instead of using the 4k for a built shortblock, take your 4k to Mike’s shop and talk to him about what you can do KEEPING IN MIND FUTURE GOALS.

Personally I think you SHOULD put that 4k towards tires and seat time. Either that, or go enjoy life as 19 year old. Grab a beer and stop obsessing over having THE ULTIMATE TRACK CAR(which btw, you will never have)

ehh cut the guy some slack. live and learn. it’s his money… he will learn real quick, one way or another.

i will say this. you are entering a NEVER ENDING cycle of spending money on the car to make more and more and more power, while fixing/replacing/upgrading parts to support that power. you will never be satisfied. as much as a headache it gives me to think about the timeline of my car, i don’t regret it. i’ve had a blast, i’ve learned A LOT, and had a lot of good times. but now i’ve reached a point (as im spending thousands :uhh:) where i think i want to get out and take a step back for a while

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:67,topic:40149"”]

that statement says to me that you have no clue and are just throwing cash at big ticket words like 42r, 45r, stage 3, cams, nitrous oxide, etc…

If you want to build a track car, you need to first figure out how to drive. You are 19, so don’t go spewwing out BS like, “I’ve been to dunville twice, I can drive”. You have no clue what is needed for a track car if you dont have experience on a track.

next up is to LEARN about the things you are upgrading. Did you just hear these terms used on other forums and decide that they are the best setup for you? What if the rest of those people are just bench racers? Instead of using the 4k for a built shortblock, take your 4k to Mike’s shop and talk to him about what you can do KEEPING IN MIND FUTURE GOALS.

Personally I think you SHOULD put that 4k towards tires and seat time. Either that, or go enjoy life as 19 year old. Grab a beer and stop obsessing over having THE ULTIMATE TRACK CAR(which btw, you will never have)

[/quote]

LOL! You know nothing about this kid do you?

nope i don’t, but he is really making himself sound like he has no clue

Because he made a mistake in typing? He even fixed that in a later post…

well, to me it still sounds like he doesnt really understand the full extent of what is going on.

And you know what, I hope I am wrong. People don’t just go bashing other members for no reason man. A lot of people have been in his position, making unrealistic plans that will likely change a whole lot in the future along with goals of what the car should be built for. It just ends up messy, plain and simple.

Fuck, I wish carnut would get in here and repost something that he posted a long time ago about goals, and the proper way to go about building a car…It can save someone a WHOLE lot of cash in the long run. I don’t know about you, but I prefer not wash thousands down the drain…

Some people have goals and not the cash to reach there goals all at once. Some people perfer to take baby steps to reach their goals. Learn as you go.

just trying to give fair warning before he spends 4k on something that might even need to get upgraded in the future

You need to let the kid do what he wants with his money. It’s not yours so stop obsessing over the fact that he’s buying the short block and has plans to add power to his car. He has a few other priorities to take care of before buying tires and seat time, like a working vehicle.

Whats the point in spending the money on a factory rebuild it may just blow up again? At least with this motor and some different fuel maps he’ll be alright to actually push the turbo he has to the limits if he wants. Whats the point in having a car you can’t drive? Whats the point of buying the motor for the future plans if he won’t be able to get the car done because of money. For his situation and money, there really isn’t a better option out there at this point. Considering he only drove the car for 4 weeks last year, I think he’d like to be able to enjoy it this year.

[QUOTE=)><(((x>;768871]You need to let the kid do what he wants with his money. It’s not yours so stop obsessing over the fact that he’s buying the short block and has plans to add power to his car. He has a few other priorities to take care of before buying tires and seat time, like a working vehicle.[/QUOTE]

Well said! And he has tires, lolol.

Lollerskates. The tires didn’t get much use did they?

Haha. Nope. He put them on like 1 week into the 4 weeks. :lol:

At least he doesn’t have to buy new tires for next season:mamoru:.