Message to all the new bikers

take the msf…run a track day… ask questions whenever you have them… practice braking… look where you want to go… do these things every time you get on the bike

thats a good start

oh yea… and do wheelies EVERYWHERE you go… ALWAYS

do they teach burnouts in the MSF?

would i have taken the MSF if they didnt?!?!?!

come on now… be serious, obviously they do

does S stand for stuntin’?

i think i am going to take the more specialized MBF course.

http://b0.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01251/05/10/1251690150_l.jpg

the day after MSF was over… throwin down some sick heaters?

that was after graduating the beginner MBF course

I’m not on my game this am… “b”?

god.

you suck.

Motorcycle Burnout Foundation course

Im working… and i just clicked on ur damn pic and saw the word badass… thats all i could come up with…

Im thinkin motorcycle badass foundation…“newman is so dumb, that doesnt even make sense”

yet i digress… I am the idiot

christian we’re gonna match this summer

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Coldaccord/CB7501.jpg

(photo from prev owner, I’m trying to grab it as soon as I sell my 636. but I will rattle can the tank and put flat bars on it)

bump, alot of you guys are buying bikes everyday, keep the rubber side down!

good reminder. i never rode anything close to a bike before buying mine.
then went out and bought a brand new cbr 600. i plan on definitly trying to stay around some people that have a good head on their shoulders and dont push too hard. i would say that most people buying bikes this year are already in wayyyy over their head.

Question is, without taking an actual coure. what nyspeeders are gonna man up and teach people the ins and outs of riding.

Most people do not have a good connection to the og’s or responsible riders around locally.

I feel fortunate to be close to several VERY good riders not only on the board but just around locally.

And always make sure your tires are in good condition with lots of tread before you go out riding…:smiley:

I’ve already stepped up and offered to teach a few guys to ride. I’ve taught most of my friends, and have no problem holdin back to let some new guys learn.

most people know how to ride, it’s really really just seat time that makes the difference. go out and ride around town by yourself if no one will ride with you. i wouldn’t suggest back roads incase something happened, but just being on the bike you’ll figure shit out. there really arn’t many tricks to riding that someone can “teach” you. look thru the turns, practice proper braking technique, blah blah blah. you need to get the basics down first before you can think about advanced stuff. make shifting 2nd nature, make clutch work 2nd nature, etc etc.

I agree lots of noobs on ss bikes this season be careful…

paulo… go buy new tires soon

I’ve taught two close friends how to ride in the past two years, im sure ill be giving pointers out to a few more this year since a lot of my friends are going to be on them.

Two of said noobs are signed up for the MSF course for april, which is great to hear :tup:

But im worried about this summer, there are a few people off the top of my head that i know that should NOT be on new sportbikes. I guess time will tell

Good points, and im glad you will be around some OG’s. After you posting you hit 100mph+ already in the middle of winter kind of makes me wonder.

You going to take the course? there are a few spots open still, kat and mike are taking it together…

im taking the one at ecc north i believe it starts april 24th or around that date. Anyone else? Shrives will take me under his wing i hope ha ha

i was originally going to say there aren’t enough days in the summer to teach you shit, but im glad you are taking the MSF. I will now hold your hand this summer <3. Itll be so cute!

:slight_smile: