Metalic Grinding?

I hear a metalic grinding sound while going in reverse. Doesnt have to be in reverse to be heard, just while im moving backwards. Anyone have a clue what it would be? Im thinking maybe somethin is fucked in the diff or something, but dont really know overall…

Any idea as to general location or area the noise is coming from?

get a buddy to stand next to the car as you back up, could be something as simple as rust on the rotors coming into contact with another part of the brakes…

No really exact place its coming from other then the back of the car.

And it couldnt be rust brakes sticking because it only happens going backwards.

My sisters car did this and you could only hear it in revers. It was her heat shield rubbing.
Can be 100’s of things though. Could be snow in the wheel well. And may only happen going backwards becasue of the way the problem is forming. 99% of the time you go forwars so it would were out that way making it less noticubal.

Hope that helps

It just started happening yesterday so I should have noticed something before if its a problem that would wear out going forward. I think anyways. Thanks for the feed back either way.

My sisters car did this and you could only hear it in revers. It was her heat shield rubbing.
Can be 100’s of things though. Could be snow in the wheel well. And may only happen going backwards becasue of the way the problem is forming. 99% of the time you go forwars so it would were out that way making it less noticubal.

Hope that helps[/quote]

I was going to suggest it is probably the same thing. Brake heat/dust shield rubbing on the rotor. Quite common with S13s actually as they have a tendency to rot.

Hell, my altima had that problem.
The rust ont he rotor was JUST coming into contact with the heatshield.
I only heard it when I was taking a corner at speed. (JUST enough flex)
So like I said, get a buddy to stand next to the car and see where the sound is coming from

rear calipers imo but get someone to stand behind your car like mentioned above

It’s probably your rear pads catching on your rotors making the grinding sound. Check your rear sliders and make sure there not seized or rebuild your rear brakes. I’ve had this on both of my 240’s and it’s very common.

I had the same problem, my Shield around my rotor roted out and was in the rim, and whne i turned or reversed it sounded like hell.

Take a look

And there you go again. Heat shield.