Miata dash removal & airbag computer replacement **pix**

My miata didn’t pass safety inspection because my airbag light was on. Went to the dealership, they wanted $1000+ to have the airbag computer replaced. Picked one up on ebay, hopefully it works. Replacing the airbag is not hard at all, just tedious and takes a lot of patient. The computer is mounted on the firewall, top center of the dash. Now I’m debating if I should even put the dash back in. I can possibly lose 100 lbs or so with the dash removed. Here’re some pictures so far:

PUT IT BACK IN

yeah its just going to look horrible without the dash. ughh, ive had to take out my dash more times then i care to remember

Depends… is this your daily? If so then please put it back in.

[quote=“MOBOOST4U,post:4,topic:40244"”]

Depends… is this your daily? If so then please put it back in.

[/quote]

My track car has a dashboard, if the running without is a serious comment please just sell the car to a spec miata racer as spares.

dash in.

the air bag light being on does not fail it for nys inspection the light only has to work

[quote=“racinadict,post:7,topic:40244"”]

the air bag light being on does not fail it for nys inspection the light only has to work

[/quote]

I’m in VA

oh my bad you ever need any manuals or anything i work for mazda so i have access to all their manuals

[quote=“racinadict,post:9,topic:40244"”]

oh my bad you ever need any manuals or anything i work for mazda so i have access to all their manuals

[/quote]

I’m trying to look for a service manual for a 97 with no luck. Do you happen to have a pdf version of it?

i can get it and try and burn it to a cd

[quote=“racinadict,post:11,topic:40244"”]

i can get it and try and burn it to a cd

[/quote]

OK cool. I’ll paypal you a few bucks. Let me know. Thanks!

Sell me your car…