Mid-Engine Corvette C8 2020

Wonder when there will be someone to actually build them?

Heard that they’ve already taken some 37,000 orders.

Happy to see the reviews don’t point to the interior falling on its face.
Appears to be a great GT car.

1 Like

Looks like after Matt’s erection wore off he was more critical of the interior.

How do you define a “level 3 touch point”…?

Sounds like the strike is just about over, so get your orders in boys. :laughing:

It’s just one of the ways in which the Corvette’s cabin is nicer than the 911’s, a sentence we feared we’d never get to write. The Corvette’s notoriously cheap materials, gaping panel gaps, and persistent smell of glue have all been banished—and this was in an early-build car, no less.

The previous Corvette generation showed us Chevrolet could afford to give the car both performance and a nice interior, but the C8 has skipped straight past nice and into proper supercar territory. The leather is the best we’ve seen and felt in a Corvette by a wide margin, there’s no cheap-looking hard plastic anywhere (well … the cupholders are a bit of a wince), and the seats (midgrade GT2s, in this case) strike a balance between comfort and lateral support that even some supercar builders don’t get right.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/corvette/2020/2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-vs-2020-porsche-911-comparison-test-review/

Hell yes maybe I will bring my blade silver Z51 out and run some SCCA events with you buddy when I get it.

I’m more excited about watching C7 prices plummet than I am about a base model C8. In 6 months they’ll release teaser photos of GS’s and/or Z06’s. They will look 10 times more aggressive.

3 Likes

Agreed, the performance of the base and z51 are awesome but the look still doesn’t do it for me.

1 Like

0-60 in 2.8 but 1/4 mile of 11.3 on a prepared surface? Meh.

, the numbers we’re looking for pop up on the screen—558 hp and 515 lb-ft of torque at the wheels.

So I was correct in saying the 495hp numbers looked sketchy? :wink:

All these cars are gay, only 400mph is sufficient

Am I the only one that is over the 0-60 times when it comes to cars? I feel like this is something that’s been a target point for way to long rather than looking at say a 0-100 time. At one point I felt 0-60 at 2.8 or 3 seconds was ridiculous… but now so many cars are doing it. It’s time to step the game up and say who can get to 100mph the fastest.

Until the speed limit is 100mph magazines won’t report 0-100mph times because it may encourage breaking the law!!!

How about 80 then? Plenty of highways in the states that have 80mph speed limits.
However we are talking a sports car designed to be driven on a track. I don’t see why reporting 0-100 would be a problem.

I myself is more concerned with 60-130 times.

1 Like

Anyone can gear a car for a 0-60 time. It’s getting up to the 120+ mark the fastest I feel should be concentrated on with super cars now. Let’s be honest, pretty much all super cars or like super cars are already putting down 3 second 0-60. It’s becoming the norm.

Do people even read test results, or just look at the headlines?

carANDdriver posts 0-100 , 0-130 (for cars that are capable) on almost all their instrument and comparison tests.