Mid-Engine Corvette C8 2020

I only care about how awesome it looks :sunglasses:

That’s the only reason I’ve ever bought anything really.

I need both hence C6Z lol

Good old internet math drama!

Motor Trend ’s highest crank estimate of 640 lb-ft would put the Corvette’s peak BMEP at 17.7. That’s just not within the realm of possibilities for a naturally aspirated engine.

Motor Trend concludes its article with, “One thing we know for certain: the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 provided for all our testing produces more power than what Chevy claims.” Actually, the only thing we know for certain is that the C8 could not, no matter what GM did to it, produce the power that MotorTrend’s dyno runs said it did.

https://www.motor1.com/news/378121/2020-chevrolet-corvette-dyno-test-exclusive/amp/

Time to buy!

If you thought the C8’s price was great, wait until you read further. According to Cars.com, bargain-hunting perspective Corvette owners have their pick of 183 new C7s in the $40,000s, including 7 separate examples under $45k!

182 C7s that can be had for V8 Camaro money

I’ve been looking lol. Brand new Z06’s that stickered for $75k are $17k off. I really wish they would have continued that amazing orange color they used from 2014-2016. I’d love a 2017-18 GS in that burnt orange. The orange they have out now looks like a pylon color. Too bright for me.

I kind of feel bad for anyone that bought these at or around MSRP. They instantly take a $17k price drop without taking into account mileage of the car. One of the slaps in the face I’ve always hated about GM and all their cars. They mass produce cars that tend to sit on the lots. Devoted customers who want them when they first come out pay a premium for something that by the end of the year has thousands of dollars off MSRP to sell the remaining stock pile of vehicles as the next years arrive. I gather other companies do this but I feel not nearly as much.

I disagree. I think typically people know that when they buy an end of line vehicle they know to expect a hit.

Some people have been arguing that these should be worth MORE in the long run because they’re the last of the “true” FR Corvettes… not sure I buy that, but we’ll see.

This isn’t just end of the line vehicles, this is something that happens every year with the pickup trucks and other cars like the Malibu’s and Impala’s. When they first come out for that year, you pay MSRP or maybe a small amount off. By the end of the year they have so much overstock that they have to give you a lot of incentives to buy one, meaning it makes anyone who paid MSRP or close to it to take a huge hit when looking into resale without adding mileage.
Look at the price of any Silverado that is 2019 with 2020 models coming out. Same would have been with 2018 when the 2019 came out. They give almost $15k or more off.

Good Read
https://www.motortrend.com/news/chevrolet-corvette-c8-2020-car-of-the-year

Corvette interiors have been nasty, low-quality dens of cheapness and weird smells since 1984. With always-terrible seats, too. That’s the truth.

Harsh, but accurate.

Value is where the C8 goes off the charts. Why would you buy a BMW M4 for the same money? Why would you spend half again as much for an equivalent 911? Besides a badge, what does a Ferrari give you? And just wait until the more powerful Corvette iterations show up.

:ok_hand: :+1: :100:

Meanwhile in the land of the C7:

the final C7, a Z06 painted in black, was built just last Friday—so if you want to own your perfectly specced dream C7, you can’t order it. You’ll just have to hope there’s one that fits your preferences sitting on a Chevy lot somewhere.
But if you’re willing to accept that, and want a new Corvette as soon as possible, there are plenty of front-engine variants looking for a home. And there’s a good chance you’ll be able to score a good deal on them, too.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/buying/there-are-still-around-5000-new-c7-corvettes-reportedly-sitting-on-chevy-dealer-lots/ar-BBWZZbK?li=BBnb4R5

Damn I didn’t think they were that bad

You own a viper, don’t you? If so I’d expect you to think the corvette wasn’t bad. :wink: haha Both cars before up until this previous model were junk interiors. The C7 being a nice jump up from the previous models for the Vette. At least my opinion.

The C7 Vette interior was good for a GM. If you came up with Mustangs and Camaros and upgraded yourself a Vette I’m sure you were happy with it. Same if you’re daily driving a Tahoe/Silverado and the Vette is your weekend toy. If you’ve been driving BMWs and Audis and decided you wanted a toy and started cross shopping C7 Vettes and 911s then the Vette interior doesn’t look so good. Nice to see journalists saying the C8 interior holds up against it’s competition.

C7 was a big step up. I’m looking forward to seeing the C8 interior compared to it.

The c7 does have a nicer interior but it’s at the cost of weight. Even the c6 gen. The 06 Z was the lightest out of all of them. Every year after got heavier due to interior changes. I choose a 06z due to the fact it was light because I know it would have a heavy procharger added.

The viper is definitely terrible for my year, but I thought the latest corvettes and chevy’s in general were pretty awesome.

1 Like