Military People (Navy) Please Step In...

FLUTTER KICKS!

BURPEEEEESSSS!!!

Buy a weight vest

For running. I had the best luck with 60-30’s. Walk 60 sec then all out sprint for 30sec. working this into training ran my best 2 mile run of 10:27 on my pt test.

While working on pushup’s. alot of it comes down to muscle memoriation. Work on perfect form. All the way up locking the elbows, all the way down untill your back is lower than your elbows. Work untill failure. If you can do one more, you can do 2.

for situps. Bring your chest to your knee’s or better yet in between. Always fall back down , bounce off the ground to go back up.

This too. Good advice here. If you always maintain perfect form no one can gig you on doing shitty push ups/sit ups. The wind sprints/ indian running how ever you at to call it IMHO si the best work out for running.

Wind sprints are awesome actually, I do those a lot :tup:

I did the pyramid push ups yesterday, wow! I definitely will continue those from now on.

Uncounted push up and situps suck as you know. I have seen and failed people on the pt test that would of past using correct form. Instead they would try to cut corners.

I’ve been following this since Mike mentioned it, awesome.

I can’t really imagine that being too hard. But i would definitely add dips into it too.

lol

You have never done it then

Seems like a good cross training/cardio workout. I have always had issues with pull-ups for some reason but situps and pushups are usually pretty effortless till i hit 30 or 50 if I’m in shape. I’m probably lighter than many of you guys though and of course being bodyweight exercises the more you weigh the harder these can be.

Is there a certain number of times you’re supposed to repeat the pyramid?

Go to ten and back down 1,2…9,10,9,8…2,1. If you want to push it go up to 11 or 12. Every number you increase it is a significant increase in the total number of said work out that you do. By the time you get back down to only having to do two or one push up and you’re telling yourself you suck because you’re at muscle failure you push through it.

I fell for it once… "Okay, we’re only doing 10 more pushups! " omg, 10 really!?! Fml

That’s what I suspected…a higher number. Once around to 6 wouldn’t be that horrible but if you work a bigger pyramid or repeat over and over that lactic acid would be a bitch.

That’s not lactic acid … it’s weakness leaving the body.

Got a call from my recruiter today.

It was good. Really good.

To sum up the conversation:

I am cleared for MEPs.
I’m filling out my forms for post-MEPs already, because the CG is already 50% for the 2012 fiscal year and my recruiter wants to guarantee me a slot.
He has orders to not exceed 10 applicants for the 2012 fiscal year out of the Buffalo recruiting office, he had to pick these from a pile of many. I got picked. Which is awesome, because I’m super stoked about this whole thing. :tup:

Great news :tup:

LOL

Have fun at MEPS… lol

I like how the CG isn’t even on there.

MEPs should be interesting lol.