Missing Link

i have a question if any who has a missing link on there car is it possible to install it without putting a turbo on yet and if so will i mess anything up if i do just wandering or will i need to reset the battery again when i put a turbo on.

why in the hell would you need to bypass your MAP sensor’s signal if your still NA? your car is still reading vaccum not boost. boost is what makes the MAP sensor throw a code. its a waste of money. the funny thing is that i dont even fuck with hondas…

Jimmy

i know but i plan on boosting it soon i wandered if putting it on the car now would be easier so i wouldnt need to do it later ill probably wait though i also have a new fuel pump that needs to go in a walbro 255

the higher pressure fuel pump is also not going to be a good idea until after you collect all of your turbo parts. just hang on to them and wait patiently :slight_smile:

i see i got everything and im using an fmu setup and the oil pan i bought needs drilled and welded the lines

what kind of boost to you plan on running?

atleast on nissans, a FMU is a terrible choice for a turbo application’s fuel managment. your setup will run better and make more power if you spend the extra cash on a real tune. all a FMU does is increase fuel pressure portionally to the amount of boost it sees. those AF ratios cant be all that great especially as the boost pressure gets higher. like i said though, i dont know hondas very well.

jimmy

low boost like 5 or 6 psi’s dragturbokits.com fmu’s is all they use and an import mag had an article how they installed an fmu setup on a prelude

i have everything but a downpipe which will be fabricated during install and the turbo t3 its self

realize that you will be daily driving this car, its not some magazine install

yea thats why low boost and im getting everything together first and factory internals can hold 8 psi but to me thats to much for daily driving

its not really what the internals can hold, its your tuning that determines how much boost you can run.

low boost and ill get it tuned

haha. im just warning you, do what youd like. it would suck to see someone get a turbo kit installed and then blow up their car due to bad tuning.

hybrid dynamics

well you realize you just increased your budget by about 1k+, right?

Its for his lex, duh.

1K WOW Thats Slowboy Racing talking like 800-1000 for a base tune.

i figure 500ish for the tune and 500 for the EMS and installation :slight_smile:

Chris do not install a missing link yet, and do not install the 255lphFP (which is too much for 6psi and stock injectors anyways) and the FMU is the cheapest hunk of doo next to an SAFC but they work on hondas like SAFC works for DSMs anyways do it all at once and do it all correctly. I can weld your pan up if neccesary (Zach B.)

You get what you pay for is my moto … pay nothing … expect junk.

Hybrid is top notch and not just because their name is plastered on the side of my car.

the missing link is behind the wheel!