MK2 Jetta Project....

i need a red hood and drivers fender, in good condition?

both the hood and drivers fender are gone.

i need a whole front end…lol. bushings are on there way out, and i am pretty sure at least one of the wheel bearings is no good. but i did just rip it down the road a few minutes ago! love the car! has the usual MKII second gear grind. and the exhaust has a hole in it. those few things and the front end stuff, and it will be awesome. i still plan on driving it this week though…lol

change out the gear oil in the tranny with gm synchromesh, it usually eliminates the grinding.

i’ve heard that before…may try it out.

so, the car has like 2% brake pedal. am going to bleed the brakes tomorrow. if it isnt that, how hard is it to replace the Brake Master Cylinder? Also the thing idles INSANELY high. Like 3000 rpm. Then will bounce between 2000 and 3000. I don’t know where to begin. One of the guys on ROFL said to check the throttle switches, but any other thoughts??

full throttle and idle switch set. can be had from GAP. either that or bad iac.

we bled the brakes yesterday, hopefully worked out seeing as i had to bail, researching it looks like its prolly the IAC giving you the problems

tried messin with the heater core last night…F THAT!!! that shit sucks! hopefully will get it done this weekend when i can have a whole day to do it. I did remove the A/C cuz it was in the way…lol

lolololololol

Welcome to MK2’s. Put your patience pants on along with your thinking cap. Be prepared to replace many broken things. God I miss my MK2 lol.

o the thinking cap was in full use. i was so friggen lost…lol. But the patience thing not so much. I will hopefully do it this weekend…

With MK2’s you get to this point eventually when things stop breaking when you fix something. At this point, you have to decide for yourself if you want to go farther and prevent further annoyances, or deal with them when they happen lol.

mk2s are money pits…bottom line. I just had to dump 500 in mine to fix a bunch of random shit.

i assumed this when i bought it. but i still effing love the look of them!!!

shes finally gonna come outa the basement :eek3

oh it’s been up here for a couple of weeks.

i might be swinging by this wed with Tyson, he said your flipping his tires

The are definitely money pits and never stop breaking but I miss my mkII especially the look on peoples face when you drag mud flap everywhere and front bumper…

Anyone got a passenger side wiper arm? I don’t wanna pay 50 bux from the dealer. And GAP said it’s a dealer only part…

And that MK2 is awesome!!!

yeah 10 bucks