MKIV Supra TT vs BMW 135

Ok so now my buddy that was going to get the Evo has went to the BMW dealership and fell in love with the 135. So it looks like hes probably going to go for that with the Dinan package bringing the hp to 340. I was searching for cars that he could get for less or around the same price and I thought about the MKIV Supra.

Soooo if some guy came up to you and had a brand new 2010 BMW 135 with the Dinan package or a MINT (I mean show room condition) unmolested 1997 Canadian Twin Turbo Supra never winter driven and with 100,000km and said choose one and you have to keep it for 10 years. What would you get?

I would take the Supra in a heartbeat. I told this to my buddies and they got pissed at me and told me that I’m crazy lol. So I gotta see if its just me.

Edit: Couple pics just for the hell of it. Post up some nicer ones of the car of your choice :smiley:

http://www.dupontregistry.com/photos/detailslarge/nc-BMW-Hartge-135-.jpg

i would take the supra. supra is a badass car and is known to make very high horsepower

Well I’ve driven a 335i… and I’ve chased and kept up with a 135i at tmp (really pushing it with my 240). The 335i was a real piece of hardware to drive… sure its still a street car but I mean bmw engineering is really fine. The 135i I’m sure is very little different.

That being said the supra will always be an exotic affordable offering. It’ll always have a cult following and head turning appearance. The 335i and 135i will turn a few heads but be modern sleepers in their own right. They’ll blend in.

If I were considering modern day performance amongst many other things including luxury I’d go for the bmw. If I were considering lasting close to exotic looks I’d go for the supra.

It’s a tough call, they are not equal cars, it’s a pros and cons personal choice imo. That being said, its a very tough choice but just because I’ve been a fanboy for a long time I’d go for the supra. It’s a heavy car, but it’s awesome in it’s own right.

my roomate has the 09 135i…it goes like stink i really like it but i never been in a supra so cant compare…the 135 handles well and before i look at the speedo we are doing 240 down a road and it feels like we are doing 60

I picked Supra because I think it’s more original than a BMW… I saw some guy driving one the other day, why would you drive a Supra in the winter :confused:

135i

I would take the supra no questions asked.

I’d take the Supra even though it cost a MINT for up keep/parts…

why? its classy. its modern. its nice.

if u just want raw power… yah supra… but the bimmer will get u laid.
the supra will get u more dicks LOL

edit:
to add o the 335i comment… i also drove one… i found it heavy… and the driving feeling… was …lacking… ive heard better things from the 1series… though (no first hand experience there)
(btw if u want a 135i outa the dealer, i might be able to get u a deal)

the 135 is stubby, the supra is long

i dont think i could stand driving that stubby thing around.

supra… well… that will go down as one of the sexiest looking cars of all time to me

simple choice for me based on aesthetics alone.

Supra, looks alone are enough. I don’t even need to mention the 2jz.

a friend of mines buddy took me around in his 135 when my car broke down and said he dislikes it after a year of owning it. The supra would hold its value much better than the bmw.

I would take the supra for sure no question. The car is a beast and looks badass. One of the sexiest cars I’ve ever seen. It happens to be my favorite car but still I dunno what it is about the new bmw’s, I just don’t like the way they look. Supra all the way lol:D

rx7 for sure.

oh its not in the running…

135i then.

having a 240 i get way too many dudes talking to me at the gas station, i couldnt imagine having a supra. sure theyre fast but still…

This. I like the Supra, but I wouldn’t say it is the greatest looking car; it has bland lines. A newer FD, that’s a car that looks like an exotic, especially with Amemiya aero. FD man all the way.

Or if your friend wants to drop bucks he can stop fucking around and buy a Ferrari F355 already.

In order of my choices if I were him

RX-7>Ferrari>Supra>BMW

Quality & Reliability = Toyota Supra > BMW 135
Resale Value = Toyota Supra > BMW 135

BMW’s are boring inside and out cept M series, North American quality is poor compared to German spec ones too.

Power = Toyota Supra > BMW 135

Handling… BMW 135, Supra has never been known for great handling.

SUPRA !!!

wth? come on supra over 135. even if i had to keep it till i die.

lol now that you guys mention it i would pick an fd rx7 out of any car out there. If I was not dumb enough to drop money onto upgrades in my 240, i coulda gotten an fd rx7 and put down money on that as a track car but alas. In the end though going all out they all can be made fast (from that perspective).

However yeah from the get go its a better car and well… its an exotic looker just as much if not more than the supra… i would say more as its more ‘ferrari exotic’ given the right body work. (my opinion)

Depends if your friend enjoys taking corners or just driving in a straight line.