Model cars

If you can’t afford the real thing, make it yourself! In 1:25 scale. Like I did. I went to a model car show back in May (NNL) and bought myself a few.
Anyone else out there make em, or ever have? At the moment, I’m still thinking about what I want to make next.

And after I did those 3, I went to my local hobby shop and bought a 1969 charger R/T kit. Using duplicolor automotive paint. I also bought some spare engines at the show, and I use parts from them on the charger’s 440. (intake, valve covers)

I havent done a model in a long time, i love doin them, usually winter season hobby for me, i try and go all out and make everything color specific, and always add plug wires, and battery wires, etc. Thick thread works great for those kinda things, also brake lines etc will add a nice touch. Nice work on yer models, looks like yer cars could use a lil thicker/better coat of clearcoat though. :stuck_out_tongue:

God, I used to make them all the time when I was 16-20. I would make replicas of my friends cars from 2 or 3 kits and such. No time for that nowadays, who knows maybe this winter I will do another one.

now a days I just buy GMP Diecast cars.

I have hundreds. All put away in boxes.

I used to build 'em too, now I just build real ones instead. Restoring a vehicle is just like building a model…only it takes longer and a lot more money.

you need some black, red, yellow sewing thread to make wires and battery cables. you van make braided stainless hose with a boot lace painted silver and s twist tie wire inside it for shaping. thin wire for brake lines too. a soldering iron with a cutter attachment to cut open the trunk too. lotsa pro tricks i used years ago. also on mopars…1" wide masking tape painted black looks like a factory vinyl top with the 3 sections.