Modern Warfare 3.

Not buying it. The online gameplay has seen significant loss in quality since MW2 came out. Its always the same and it caters to the immature child type player with “perks” that emphasize how much you suck as a player. Perks such as last stand/second chance, flak jacket, marathon, and ninja all make the gameplay completely unrealistic and ridiculous. I know everyone will say “its a game, its not supposed to be real”; well what the fuck are they using bullets and real life places and people for and not laser beams and aliens like halo? When will there be a game that caters to the mature adult that just wants a gun, his bullets, a pistol, and no perks to help people that suck. A game that makes sense where real gun and ballistic experts have a majority of say on the physics of the gameplay. Maybe in the next century we’ll see something close.

I will be buying BF3 in hopes that its more like BF1942 for PC. Black ops was the last COD I will ever have purchased; dont get me wrong, it kills time and most of the dumbass kids stay off Hardcore TDM but it still doesnt get over the fast that a fucking perk can make you withstand an RC car strapped with C4 when it explodes at your feet.

BF3 is going to run MW3 into the ground IMO, it looks a million times better.

and then there is this as well…

Greedy bastards.

I’ve never really “looked forward” to video games coming out…because it just makes me feel lame doing so, but Duke Nukem: Forever, Battlefield 3, and Modern Warfare 3 are all looking awesome, and i’m counting down the days.

MW3 will dominate on consoles. BF3 will destroy on pc’s. With that being said I can’t wait for BF3.

This is the answer to all the debate. I’ll pick this up for 360, but no way will MW3 take the throne over BF3 on PC… Watching the trailer you can see things they are trying to make notice of… like the over the head blind fire… The graphics still are what they will only be for console and what the 360 can output.

I think BF3 will be much more of a legacy and benchmark for games to come. I’ve yet to build a PC for BF3 but I’m not getting out alive without spending $1500. I guess thats the difference between buying COD at $60 vs BF3 +/-1500 not including the game

completely untrue. I just built mine for BF3. Board/Chip/Ram/PSU were less than $500. I’m currently running a GTS250 which is DX10. So i’ll probably pick up a 480 in a month so I can play it in DX11. So total I’ll only be at around $800 and it will more than handle BF3. I reused my case,monitor and pieces like that. Unless your doing a ground up build, that’d be different

It is a ground up build… but most my $$ will be going into the screens… i want to try eyefinity out

ah ok fair enough. Your number is fairly accurate then. Myself and a fellow board member just built a buddies PC for BF3. He gave me a $2600 budget to work with on a ground up build. lol Turned out pretty stout.