Moneysense : Best Places to Live in Canada

niagara region got killed… st. catharines, niagara falls and welland all near the bottom of the list and among worst in Ontario.

St. albert (#1) is basically a suburb of Edmonton. I’ll be there wednesday. Edmonton is pretty cool but i can only see this being a function of income because the weather there is an atrocity.

Calgary #2 … better than St. Albert i would think… milder weather and more of everything else.

Ottawa, Oakville and Burlington near the top for Ontario.

Regina being in the top 10 further supports the weight of income to home prices… cheap to buy there but no one in there right mind would want to hang around that place.

all my Alberta buddies have been splashing this article all over facebook lol

if you can handle the winters it’s not bad. Edmonton is pretty solid, so is Calgary… other than that it would be tough to live in that province other than in the mountains.

Who has the best maple syrup and ice fishing?

the standard quality of maple syrup, ice fishing, moose hunting, beaver pelts and back bacon is guaranteed by the Federal government for all citizens and is therefore equal in all regions which is why it isn’t factored into the ratings. The same is true of likelihood of a terrorist attack or degree of white slave-guilt because those are also equal across Canada at 0.0%

where can we get alberta jobs with california weather,girls and cars?

Singapore or Australia

Is it a realistic thing for an American to move to Canada? I really don’t mind the cold and I’m looking at a job that has a location 5 miles from the border in Minnesota.

yeah it’s not difficult. your employer should be able to get you a 24 month work visa anyways. start with that. i just did 6 of them in the fall.

Even if the employer is in America? This place is going to the shitter, I just want to get my 100 acres and do my own thing.

housing is getting very expensive in alberta. In general things are about half price in the US… you get less for your money in Hamilton than you get in Palm springs according to my recent research…

your best bet is to work in energy in alberta or Saskatchewan (or cant you get into it in PA?) and have a modest living arrangement in alberta and invest all your money in arizona or Nevada with a nice ranch or something.

there are tons of Western Canadians that do it this way. Some of my colleauges were just renting a place for 2 months in Indio, CA where the guys works 4 months a year in Edmonton but has a $1.2M compound in california for the rest of the year

mid level guys working on the rigs in the northern parts of AB or SK pull $150 - $300k a year and that usually includes living expenses paid for while you’re out there. if you can stay away from the coke and hookers you can do well

Shoutout Ottawa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk