More blown motor pics

I hear that urine is one the best break in lubricants…

ive been told your boyfreind likes it , but then again can u really trust a midget with a doobie in his hand :dunno:

I’d laugh, but it really wasn’t that funny…

Can i get an Amen!!

Can i get an Amen!![/quote]

No, no you can’t. Sorry. :oops:

Can i get an Amen!![/quote]

No, no you can’t. Sorry. :oops:[/quote]

I’d settle for an hallelujah.

[quote=“Nave”]

Since you took those two paragraphs from

Here: Car Maintenance, Repairs, & How-Tos

And here: http://www.vwtrendsweb.com/tech/0303vwt_valvespring/

respectively, you should really use the qutoe feature to indicate that you really didn’t know the answer so you had to search for it on google. It will also keep you out of trouble with the plaigerism nazis.[/quote]

Its just info for ppl jeezus take a pill.

really eh. Huh, do you have more info on this Sasha? I’m very interested as to how to determine the gap this way.

Andrew.

i’ll find out more from ceaser on monday when i go to pickup the block, basically the higher rpm you run from what i understand the more the rings close up, same with boost? i dunno

sasha,are you planning just to run it on a dyno to break it in, or to tune it as well?

If break-in is the only purpose, perhaps a e-test roller set would work, i’m sure you could finda little shop that would let you just run the car for a couplehours. Now they don’t put a load on the car, so not sure if it’dwork, but it’s a cheeper idea.

Pretty sure it needs a load, I remember reading this in the other thread on breaking in engines.

thanks dude, unfortunatly the etest roller doens’t put enough load on the car. i need to simulate going up a hill at around 60km/h in 4th gear

thats what i thought afterwards…was thinking if that worked why not just put it in nutral…and i know that doesn’t work…hahaha.

well good luck with the build

So what does something like this cost Sasha??

Peanuts :dunno:

when you do everything yourself its cheap.

Basically it works out like this:

pistons - 500
head gasket - 200
customs rapes you, so thats another 120
hang pistons on rods - 75
tank deck bore and hone - 200
main bearings - 60
rod bearings - 60
vavle stem seals - 50

so just over 1000$ to have a basically brand new engine (if I dont screw up the re-assembly!) with stronger pistons and headgasket. You could even lower the cost if you just went with stock pistons (free in my case) and a new oem headgasket (like 50$)

my racing slicks fund keeps getting destroyed by various things that keep coming up and its sad :frowning: i want to go raicng at mosport

(if you just went into a shop and told them you wanted all this done it would be in the area of 4000$)

$3000 for labour? The f*ck.

Were are you going to get the machean work done, thats a good price form what I have got quoted?

Dude you seem like such an intelligent guy but over the years I have
noticed nothing but horrible spelling in your posts. What gives? :dunno: