More Mazdas247 Retardedness

This weekend I discovered corrosion starting to form behind the license plate of my 2yr old car…

Original post:

Replies w/retorts…

Good observation…Thanks. I don’t think luck has any role in this unfortunate manufacturing defect.

I shouldent (lawl) have to apply anything to my license plate to avoid corrosion. A great tribute to vw/audi build quality is a 10yr 100,000 mile corrosion warranty. I know Mazda isn’t up to par with fine German engineering but at least they are willing to take some responsibility in this respect.

For real?? you’re an idiot, obviously the license plate was touching because that is where the license plate goes on the car. After owning a Chrysler I know that paint is not invincible, especially in PA weather. But even that was after 10 years, in the lower fender corners near the wheel wells. Typical for all 10+ yr old cars. This is not your usual Honda cancer. Apparently the last 10 years of my autobody/mechanical experience deceives you.

All of your idiocies aside, I’ll be taking it to the dealership tomorrow morning to have them verify it’s corroding from the inside out. I’m so glad I could share my trials an tribulations of Mazda ownership only to face subordinate persecution. You all fail cars 101. Now go install some excessive l.e.d.'s somewhere on your poor car. /sarcasm

Lesson: Don’t by a Mazda in good graces, the owners community is worthless.

:rofl:

Fail for buying a mazda

gosh

Hey now, not everyone who buys a mazda is a complete moron. :smiley:

I’ve noticed that a lot of the newer pa plates are tweaked from when they were stamped and that makes them not want to sit flush since it isn’t flat. Maybe yours is the same and the corner(s) of the plate rubbed through the paint and primer causing an opportunity for corrosion to begin?

ouch…does the car have a trunk spoiler? My Maxima started leaking around the spoiler mounts and rusted from the inside out.

great community

so your complaining about yoru car rusting where your plate rubbed thru the paint??? how bout bend the plate away from the area and you will be golden. if you did that 2 eyars ago. or do what i did. sand it down fuckin touch up paint it and fuckin toss the plate back over it… who cares its behind the plate i guess. i did it but i put an emblem over the spot i touched up it was on my tailgate. 3 years old and it was rusted probably for a year. i didnt make a post about it complaining. boooo hooooo

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Air is thin up high

:rofl:

You think you’ve got it bad; the whole front of my 16 month old car is rock chips

and came with empty cigarette pack OH NOES!

Why do you go to that board? It’s a huge fucking joke.

No, the suzuki came with the korean cigarettes. And I smoked them.

wtf do you own now.

White scion xa. I had a red suzuki reno.

every mazda Ive ever had was worth exactly what I paid

:hsugh:

Well, after it’s repaired I’ll dynomat it or something if it’s going to be a problem.

it does but looks okay so far.

I’ve owned the car for 10 months. Assuming you’re referring to a domestic truck, I’m not surprised. Especially a truck bed, its like asking for rust.

I have rock chips as well, all the way down to the metal. I should invest in that clear bra material

That’s my point, I expect it to be twice as good as my $12,000 VW…and it’s not. Has potential though, I’ll give it that.

Thread fail