more on the catalytic converter

so i am sure some of you remember the saga… I had my catalytic converter tested out further, and seems as though I either need a new one, or the sensors with inside of it are bad. I think I will let it go for now. Hopefully I wil still be able to get my car inspected since I don’t have to do emissions. :blue:

There shouldnt be any sensors inside the cat :slight_smile:

get a new one. car will start to run poorly. they get to the point where youll have it floored and car will barely go anywhere. then that can lead to overheating issues cause the exhaust gases will be backing up into the motor. get it replaced

or worse, your carpet catches fire

Universal Catco from summit $58.99

http://store.summitracing.com/images/prtdtl_images/pd_2ovrvw.gif

Thanks guys!!

so an update. I am in CT now and I have to pass emmisions to register my car here :frowning:

Went to a mechanic and he says not only do i need a new cat, but spark plugs, electrical wires, dist rotor, dist cap? something like that. :slight_smile:

I’d get a second opinion on the electrical stuff. But get the cat already! We’re going to have to get a crew together and drive out and do it ourselves pretty soon. It will be like a lame version of Overhaulin’. :slight_smile:

hey, I am not opposed to that!!! We could have a beach party! :slight_smile:

:grouphug: leads to –> :bukkake: :3some: with these guys, so watch out hehe

im opposed to fixing her car till that boyfriend issue is cleared up :stick:

the only sensor I can think of in the area would be the O2 sensor, it is possible that it would need changed, best thing to do to save money is get the universal Bosch sensor or do wat i did go on ebay and get a direct fit for half the price of autozone etc…

Do the cat, plugs, spark wires, cap, + rotor. It can’t be more than $130-150 in parts, and they’re all fairly essential pieces of the car that you’ve probably neglected a little bit.

good point actually since she hasnt changed a bad converter for a few months :spank: :slight_smile:

Heres something for reference from Autozone

ACURA INTEGRA 4 Cylinders 01834 1.8L PFI DOHC

Qty.
Item
Description
Part No.
Avail. Core Value Unit Price Sub
Total
CATALYTIC CONVERTER ARVIN
29183 $86.99

4 SPARK PLUGS 	DENSO
3132 	$6.76