more street racing law bs

ok so when im going over 150 and am drunk and high at the same time while talking on my phone and shooting up they can take my car away??? thats totally unreasonable…
but honestly on the 407 traffic moves generally at 150ish besides rush hour. Its ridiculous to say everyone who goes 150 is a street racer. also the modifying your car makes you a street racer is even more retarded thats just like saying someone went to a bar with their car. Therefor they must be driving under the influence and must not have called a cab so we should take them and charge them with DUI. If the 150+ street racing law comes into effect which I highly doubt it will i can see many people running from the police in an effort to not get hit with $10000 fine and get their car taken away and crushed.

Anything over 149km/h on the 400 series highway equal an automatic suspension, fine and impound anyway. If you were racing and your caught then your fucked and deserve to pay a fine and get screwed. Other then that, a person shouldnt be labeled a street racer for doing 50km + on a highway for speeding, if anything reckless driving should be the charge. BUT on city streets and residential areas, fuck yea screw them over. I hate seeing these douche bags, that i would say, are racing some imaginary foe. I disagree using tax payer money for helicopters, maybe speed humps in residential and school zone areas would be more effective in combating speeders.

Labelling people as street racers because they’re doing 50 over may not be entirely reasonable, but it is FAR more reasonable than labeling them as such for driving at the speed limit in a modified vehicle. If I’m going to have my car taken away, and crushed, then it damned well better be for a real traffic violation, like 50 over, not just having wheels and a turbo.

^yeah, 49 over its the officers discretion to suspend you and/or impound your car.

I’ve gotten 50 over 2X, both times it was about $500 and 2 weeks susp, neither time did I crash, kill someone or myself.

More than likely they just issue you a promise to appear (forget the actual name) and your ticketed in the courtroom

as for speed humps, those add about 14 seconds each to an emergency crew’s time, I personnally feel speed humps are a bad idea, but nice logic otherwise.

The problem is, people in Germany can actually drive. People here can’t. There are so many people driving around unattentive as there are, we really don’t need them to go faster, and be just as unnattentive. It seems as soon as people start their car these days, their first instinct is to whip out their cell phone and call someone. I don’t know who these chicks are talking to at 630 am in the morning, but they sure as hell aren’t making driving their #1 priority. If people here actually focused on driving, then sure, raise the speed limit much higher. What we don’t need, is people zipping around at 150 just to get cut off by some broad gossiping on her cell phone, drifting across the lanes without looking or signaling.

Sure, I do sometimes hit 140, or 150. One time I was coming home from Washago, and I hit the speed limiter 3 times on the way home, and made it to the 401 in an hour and 15 minutes. If I got pulled over, I wouldn’t be like “But officer, the lane was open, and other people were going this fast” Whether or not the speed limit was made when cars were crappy, it is still the legal limit. You are obliged to follow it until they change it, or you can risk getting busted.

i’ll go on TV if i can say my name is Dave Pankew.

apparently people are able to elude the police more often than you would think. some dude in a truck got away from NRP three times this past sunday… but he crashed into a tree or something then they got him.

as for racing, if you dont get both of them then it cant really be racing. you cant race yourself, it’s just speeding.

The laws are fine the way they are really. There are enough mechanisms in the HTA already to make an example out of someone being retarded on the highways. This street racing fiasco is superfluous.

it’s a game really.

There will not be any strong opposition and all the grannies out there will agree with them. It’s a smoke screen and as far as i know even the cops themselves understant that it is just hype.

so if you dont give them a reason to make an example out of you you should be fine.

usually if you get caught 50-65 over on the highway you get a 49 over and are asked not to fight it.

shit, some of you may recall i was with a friend and got caught in his dad’s vette at 232kph… he got off scott free… the courts cant care that much

Someone else mentioned it before, but I firmly agree; driving aids are making shittier drivers. Automatic transmissions, ABS, intuitive steering, cellphones, cruise control… They’re making shittier drivers. You don’t even have to pay attention while driving a modern car. The damn thing nearly drives itself. I’ve driven my friend’s Cobalt, it was a standard. Even though I was rowing gears, it still felt like I was driving a balloon. No road feedback, no sense of what the car is actually doing on the road. Now, I know I prefer to drive my coilover’d 240sx, mega-stiff sportscar, so I’m a bit biased, but still… Look at Europe, I would hazard that 80-90% of all the cars on the road are standard. Hence calling it “standard”… There are way fewer fatalities on the equally crowded, yet massively narrower and more technical roads of Europe than there are in any single major city in North America (I’m making these stats up, but I’m sure I’m not far off).

As for being on topic, I completely agree with those who said we need better driver training, and more stringent testing, as well as moderated control over these types of penalties. The fine for doing 150km/h on the 401, should NOT be the same as doing 100km/h in a residential 50km/h zone, or even a commercial area like downtown. The risk is nowhere near the same. Hell, if you do 100km/h on the 401, you’re more of a hazard than if you’re doing 150km/h.

I really don’t understand the logic here, how is driving fast alone considered racing? Who are you racing the clock? If so I think there are a lot more people out there that speed for this reason then their are people who are actually racing on the street.

Also how big of a problem is this really? It’s obvious the media is just blowing this way out of per portion as usual. How many deaths a year are the result of 2 people racing? How many are a result of modified cars? Now add them together i bet the number is not nearly as high as deaths from drinking and driving or the accidents caused but cell phones. Let’s not forget as much as we think our cars are fast they are cheap old half ass sports cars compared to porches AMG Mercedes and vettes.

I drive on the highway alot at night sinces its my perferred time to drive and a lot of people drive at 140 when the highway is clear. Minivans and Porches all the same. I think the speed should be raised to 120. laws should be passed to force people to take better care of there cars. and higher driving standards.

If this law came into effect and I seen a cop radar me in at above 150 I would also run, how much more dangerous is that then me just stopping to get the ticket the cop dropped down to 140 so i don’t have to go to court. This is all stupid nonsense I can’t believe half that shit these tards spit out there mouths.

I hope everyone understand this is all because of the media the media develops these stories into huge problems so that then pressure is put on people in power to fix these problems all so that the media can have a topic for a few days of the year. If I lost my car to street racing while driving alone at 150 i would burn down city pulse and a few other buildings, giving them another story to focus on for a while. Im so angry right now I want to reach threw my tv and homer simpson choke some media person.

tell me this… how many moded cars are cought street raceing? how many sleepers? non iv heard of… its all stock cars that iv heard of or some times ricers. so why they make moded cars such a big deal is what gets me

i just dont think about it and make belive it isent happining. cause i know damn well theres absolutly nothing i can do about it