MORE tranny problems.. :(

Ok, so I had my tranny/clutch replaced and everything was all good for about 2 weeks.

I drive a '95 S14 SE and after about 2 weeks, I noticed 4th gear starting to jump. If I’m going about 60km/hr in 4th at 2000RPMS and floor it, it will quickly jump to 3000RPMS and drop back down…the car barely accelerates but the engine revs hard…then after 3000 RPMS its fine…only that range in 4th.

Just last night, the check engine light comes on so I pull the ecu, check the code… 103… parking/neutral switch. Do you guys have any thoughts what it could be? 1 of the sensors maybe? the neutral switch? or a bad tranny?

Do you experience it in different gears as well? (that the rpm does not match the speed … rpm goes up faster than the speed)
–> Could be ur clutch

Ok well we changed all the sensors last night and still the same problem.

I get this in 4th and sometimes in 5th…its only in the 2000-3000 RPM range, where it feels the engine is just barely connected to the tranny…its barely pulling and then it grabs again when i let go of the gas.

sounds like a slipping clutch

did you break eveything in properly after you had the tranny/clutch replaced?

For the record it’s also not the greatest thing to floor it when you’re at 2k rpm in 4th and especially 5th, i’d wait till 2500 to floor it…

U have a point… plus why would you floor it at 2k rpm in 4th or 5th…?

I;m pretty sure u feel the clutch slipping already in 3rd gear… u better take care of it before ur car doesnt move anymore.