Most cost effective setup for 65' stang?

x2.

Lets not turn this into a GM vs. All thread.

I do like the lsx motors, but for a mustang there are much better options. A 351 can be built just as strong and make just as much hp as a lsx motor and actually belongs in a ford product.

and don’t give me this ford cannot build a na motor BS, that’s just crazy talk.

Did someone fall and bump there head???

what’s up douchebag? Haven’t seen you on here for a while.

:love:

well thanks kinda. Just finishing up My Chevelle with a LS1.

nice

my dad has an old 454 block, you should use that instead of a small block. :slight_smile:

lol, make it a bufurd lol

buick 350 in a ford

mwahahahaha!

but yea, a 351 would be nice , right at home in that car

Dude, you have sooooo many options with a car like this, the only problem with going FE(390) is they are stupid tight in the engine bay… And a carbed 400hp motor would be a tiny bit hard to manage on the street, now a efi 400hp motor would be alot of fun and you dont see em everyday, but like sailor said, drop in a fresh 5.0 out of a stang with the injection and all, then spray it, this is a easy 400hp on the spray, and tuned right it will get 18mpg with total driveability…

we decided to go with a 302 out of a 1990 truck and have it built to be electric choke carbed and make 300 whp after being bored out to a 306. Just gonna be simple since its the wifes car mostly. she doesnt need much more power than that.

What makes you think you’re going to get 300whp out of a stock headed 306?

A vtec sticker on the door and a “type R” emblem on the bumper.

port the heads out! that’s youre best bang for the buck and most likely youre most gain in any mod you’ll do to the engine,

guy down at a1 machine shop thats building said it will do 300whp by the time its done. more aggressive cams are gonna be in it.

how many cams do you plan on putting in it?

I dont see 300whp on stock heads at all. a stock 302 is only about 225 crank horsepower, or about 185 whp. i dont see 4 cubic inches or a cam giving you over 120 whp…

so what’s your budget on this?

It will probably have more compression, bigger cam, better intake, etc… I still don’t thing stock heads will do 300whp, but it may come fairly close.

Even starting out with a 351, you should still port the heads or buy a good set. Why not do it right the first time?

Its a Ford, There is no right way :smiley:

at least look into GT40 heads. they are cheap and plentiful. decent cylinder head for a factory casting.

or got the 302 out of a 96-98 V8 explorer or mountineer. its a gt40 motor

that is def the best bang for the buck for a ford motor.
what are they stock? 240hp?