Most cost effective setup for 65' stang?

yeah you can buy a dropout for around 600 bucks.
hell that gt40 intake still goes for 300 bucks i think.

Well the machine shop said they are porting it all out. He said to get the edlebrock performer rpm intake manifold and a 4 barrell electric choke carb. He didnt say what cam he was using. If this wont get me to 300whp fully ported and machined, then what else do i need to include?

EFI.

or have him take it to a 331 rather than a 306. a 331 should put you closer to your target goal

efi is too much $ right now. maybe i’ll ask him how much extra for a 331 stroke.

I had a big cam and didnt see too much gain when I went from the 302 then had rebuilt and bored to 306…
just my .02

i got some more research to do on this engine since we are getting it for free I wanna use it cuz its better than the 289 we are trading.

could do a heads cam 302. don’t rebuild the bottom end if you find a lower mileage 302. then you can keep fuel injection since you are not doing machine work. can prob make 275hp with some bolt ons. which will be plenty fast in the mustang

the engine i have setup was fuel injected at one point but it doesnt come with all the fuel injection parts so we are just carbing it either way.

if we have the 302 bored to a 306, mild cam, ported polished heads, performer rpm intake manifold, demon carb (not sure which one), full msd ignition setup, long tube headers, dual 2.5 inch exhaust, and whatever else supporting mods, what would the power be like?

~300

340hp
depends how crazy you get with port job
i have no personal experiance with building up a ford, so that’s my safe assumption

if it was a buick it’d be almost at 400hp with 425 tq with a 1000 cfm BG carb with 8.5 cr

i have a 750 BG speed demon for sale if interested…elctric choke with only 4k miles on the carb

your on some shrooms. fuck your buick boat anchors

lmao , why am i on shrooms, because a buick small block can make that much with bolt ons, a mild cam and oversized valved and port work?
boat anchor, how, a buick 350 is the lightest iron gm 350 made (450lbs) less with the sheetmetal intake i have, and my cars curb weight it 3500bs…again less with the fiberglass hood and forged al rims…
and whats with the hostility, i was just comparing a buildup i know that works, and shaving off a few hp for a smaller ford v8…

line up with a 87-93 mustang 5 speed with weight removed too ~300hp. your 400hp buick willl look like shit and barely win equal drivers if not lose.

I dont want to hear your excuse Nothingface5384 so stop typing now

great…you still never made youre point, and why are you telling me to line up with a fox body stang when the subject has nothing about me racing a stang…rather what a 302 would make with X product/service done to it…
i can take a piss test if you want LOL and your comparing a small car to an intermediate car…it’s like me sayin hey your 500 hp galaxy is a boat ancher compare to a 400 hp skylark… who cares…not the subject
back to the guys stang and 302 buildup

so what does that have to with a ford ??

the car is a boat anchor deal with it

well again…my point was you had no reason to bring up stupid shit that wasnt relevent to the guys thread, and guess what…theirs cars lighter then a fucking foxbody…just cause one car is lighter then another doesnt make it a boat anchor…so you deal with that…so get your head out youre ass
and i’d enjoy my car wheather is weighted in at 3500 3000 ot 4200 curbweight…im done talking with you until you quick being a ass
i’m sure youre a cool guy, but right now you’re comming off as a dick for no reason

I kinda like Buick boat anchors.

your on some shrooms. fuck your buick boat anchors

hmm a stock 90 mustang GT weighs around 3400 lbs, a stock 70 skylark(which sports a full frame) weighs 3600-3800 with A/C and other creature comforts. I’d say by your standards the Mustang is nearly a lard ass itself. :stick:

fox body stangs were around 2900 lbs. Where did you get 3400 lbs from?