3. 1996 blazer/jimmy
  4. 1994 Honda CIvic Si hatch back 2-door
  5. 1993 corrado
  6. 1995 Honda civic si hatch back 2-door
  7. 1992 caravan
  8. 2002 wrx
  9. 1999 golf gti
  10. 1993 Honda Civic Si hatchback 2-door

I just thought that this was funny as hell.

Why would you steal a caravan??? The tranny will go when you are trying to excape the cops.

gives you a pretty good demographic for car theives dont it?

that isnt a suprise for honda, every year everywhere you go you see that the civic are the most ripped off for thieves.

they steal it to use it for other robberies
it’ll fit TV’s and all sorts of things and they blend right in with everyday motorists

hahaa nice nice, I would take a astrovan then, you can fir more, get 4wd fopr the snowy months and the tranny will last longer :smiley:

dont steal

caravans are popular apparently.

my gf’s superintendent was telling me the other day that last christmas eve his caravan was broken into twice.

The first time, they drove the car down the street, parked on the side, and they stole the ignition and the stick shift. Later that day, after he got it towed back to the parking lot, different guys came and when they saw there was no ignition they just booked it.

makes you think…

and it’s not considered a bad neighborhood by any means…just a bunch of retirement homes and old people roaming the streets constatnly.

They’re easy to break into.

Ours was hit 6 times the first year we had it. Yay for Scarborough.

yeah apparently caravans are one of the easiest cars to steal…heck i remember in the news back when i was still living in winnipeg where a bunch of 13-14 yr olds stole them for fun. :shock:

Supposedly that list is bunk.

For one, there were no 94/95 si hatchbacks in Canada.

Two… where are the integras?? They couldn’t have -all- been stolen.

Yeah, I’d like to see the data that was used to compile that list. If you check out other lists they’ll say that the Subaru Impreza is #1. Two years ago it was the Hyundai Tiburon.

Maybe it has somthing to do with the Civic being the best selling car in Canada? I assume the list relates to volume of theft as opposed to percentage of cars stolen based on model type.

Another thing, my brother owns a Corrado. By no means can it be 5th.

They started production in 89, stoped in 95 in that amount of time, only 4000 or so where sold ACROOSS ALL OF CANADA. Now minus the ones that got totaled, wrecked, parted, or just not drivable anymore, and your not left with too many. The Corrado is almost a classic car already at only just over 10 years old.

And most people dont even know what a Corrado is.(Although, i did steal it from my brother while he was working, it was amazing to drive thats for sure.)

Hmm, interesting!

i think that list has to do with % of insurance claims not just theft…
including, vandalism, accidents, minor thefts, etc…
then the list makes sense if u think about how many lil imature kids have em…same with vans, tons of lil punks drive their soccer moms minivans around…

I read that article in the Star, the funniest part was when they gave the reasons for the civics high theft rates… Something about how “street racers” want them for their ‘power, handling, sporty looks and customizability’
lol I’m still laughing about it … power and looks … c’mon it’s an economical compact

usually the most popular vehicles among buyers or just numbers in general will be on the top of this list.

since there is alot more of a certain car on the road, therefore the parts market is in high demand whether its body mechanical or interior.

for example i know that body shops buy airbads of thieves for dirt but claim the full amount from insurance.

yeah i still agree about the corrado tho, there are like how many of those lol… i find it hard to belive it’s one of the most stolen unles al lof them have been stolen once alredy

lmao i had my old honda ripped off… :frowning:

and my parents HAD a caravan that was ripped off too. guess that list is right hehe 8)

yes HB Civics were available in 94/95, a simple auto trader search would be sufficent to prove your comment to be incorrect sir…

and well the integras arent on the list cuz maybe … ding ding ding hello, maybe they werent one of the top ten stolen cars this year

and the corrados do exist in large numbers u just dont see them out of fear of being stolen, shit i know for a fact that 4 years ago here in K-W alone their were over 45 stolen in one summer

I thank you sir for your comments and criticisms.

However if you will care to re-examine my previous statement, you will surely find that I wrote 94/95 Si HBs. That is the model and trim specified in the report. This model does not exist. Autotrader backs up this statement.

As far as Integras and Corrados belonging on the list or not… it’s all speculation on my part therefore meaningless.