Most underated import.

delayed popularity as compared to underated… tomato tomatoe

Yugo or Bust

my buddy had one as his winter beater… nothing could out perform that in the snow. even on Z rated tires

i’d say some of the old Datsuns and definately the MR2 and mazda 323 gtx awd. those things are rare, i havent seen any. mr2’s are also kinda rare.

older Rx7’s and supra’s are also good too… most focus on the 93+ versions yet the old cars look decent and are capable cars too.

svx is a good choice too! i like the looks but just heavy and auto trans that i dont like

but definately the old chrysler turbo cars… the daytona’s, conquests, and omni’s. those cars are runners!

Try an Audi 5000 turbo. Factory locking diffs front and rear (that don’t kick out automatically like the later models) actuated with a 2- position switch on the center console. They’re absolute tanks too-- galvanized bodies and all.

the dodge spirit r/t was not a VNT car. it came with the DOHC 16v turbo III engine as many people call it. the VNT turbos came on the 89 shelby CSX.

i’m sure jay from domination could chime in on this a lot more too…

ohh and most underrated import…i’d agree with kolar, until like 3 years ago was definitely the 240sx…no one did shit with them and they had so much potential.

I dont know if its been mentioned but a Dodge Omni HGT i think it was called… two door AWD turbo… yeah can we say “potential”

GLH^

I agree with just about every response on here. A few I’ve had were the 2nd gen rx7s and I had an 84 isuzu impulse.(ha ha) The turbo rx7 is very capable of making a lot of cheap extra hp with damn near 50/50 weight distribution. My 84 impulse was a great drift car. RWD, 4 wheel discs, multi-port fi, and hell it even had climate control! Not too bad for and 84 isuzu. It could’ve used a little more power, but me being the a$$hole to my cars that I am, I would just rev the sh!t out of it and throw it into the corners harder than I would with my FC3S.

A few other top picks would be turbo mx6s and probes. Torque monsters for a four cylinder. 323 GTX, self explainatory. Merkur XR4Tis. I know they are a mild mannered, RWD cousin of the cosworth but they can produce decent hp if you get rid of the shitty stock head. Kinda the same boat as the Starion/Conquest. My $.02.

^^^^ Yarr you took mine the Merkur XR4Ti

and of course first gen mx6’s and probes

honda CRV …awd honda B series<—dsm ownage

I think thats actually the only vehicle out there with a weaker drivetrain than a DSM.

agreed but i like the early 90’s sentra se-r

They are not that bad, they just have a history of owners who abuse the hell out of them. There are plenty of people in the 11s with no driveline mods other than a clutch, some even made it on the stock clutch.

There was the Turbo Sprint. A short-lived 3-banger with a turbo and really tacky seats.

I have a bit of a fondness for the Galant VR-4.

Turbo. AWD. ABS. AWS. 4 doors.

http://images.consumerguide.com/autoreview/400x266/1990-92-Dodge-Colt-90103291990101.JPG
Colt Gts got a 113-horsepower, 1.6-liter four with a standard 5-speed. Which now I “Hear” you can throw a
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/2259000-2259999/2259054_5_full.jpg
4g63t engine from a Mitsu :eek3: yah i wouldnt mind doing one of these.

ps. if you look at it right it kinda looks like it got a s13 180sx front end

I’d say the Subaru SVX aswell. Interesting car, and not to well known.

The Olds Calais 442 W41 would be my pick for domestic, 190hp out of an N/A 4 cylinder in 1990.

for domestic mine would be the torbo grand prix from around 1990, i seen them, im just not to sure on the year. also, chevy made a racing citation, it had a 6 cyl in it. my neighbor had one when i was a kid, that thing flew. for import, id pick the sentra se-r.

The old Mclearn Grand Prix’s where made around 1990. I think they were 15 second cars.

thanks, i couldn’t remember what model they were. i seen one in the auto trader about a year ago, and it was sold when i called. what about the rx-7 banzai edition? i believe mazda made them in japan only, but i believer they have over 300hp. that would be a great sleeper, because it looks just like the other rx-7.