Motion to ban major league baseball from existance

ppl get all worked up on this site over anothers opinion…his is just an opinion, nobodys asking ut to stick up for it or defend it. dont take it to heart soo much

very true, no doubt about it.

I’ve been a very good pitcher all my life - yet, i tried to ice skate last year, and i spent as much time on my belly than i did standing up.

u have just put the funniest picture in my mind, seeing u dressed up like an olpymic ice skater hahahahahaha :rofl:

i’m not worked up, nor taking it to heart… just lettin those know how i feel.

if baseball takes even close (not saying it doesnt) to the amount of prep for each opponent, i give them alot of respect for spending that much time/effort in that little time to get ready for a team

as far as how much u play in a 60 min game of football, 60% minimum of the team does absolutely nothing for most plays, even though you get a good pitching game going and noone doesn anything aside from at bat (4 times a game maybe?) and pitching (hard as hell)

edit: but in defense over a baseball seaon traveling takes a huge tole on the body when done that much…i never argued against that

whats cutty know,he works for the bucs!:smiley:

haha, not sure if i should laugh, or cover my ass?

but in defense over a baseball seaon traveling takes a huge tole on the body when done that much…i never argued against that

lol

PIRATES SIGN T-BALL PITCHER WHO INTENTIONALLY THREW AT AUTISTIC BOY ON COACH’S OFFER OF $25
BUCS’ GM TOUTS PITCHER’S CONTROL AND WILLINGNESS TO TAKE DIRECTION “EVEN IF IT GOES AGAINST EVERY MORAL FIBER OF HIS BEING”

PITTSBURGH - The first time Keith Reese Jr., now 9, was offered money to play baseball, it was $25 to hurl two balls at an autistic teammate. That was last season, and the man who made that offer, Reese’s coach, Mark R. Downs Jr., 29, was sentenced last week to serve one to six years in jail for corruption of minors.

Now, the Pittsburgh Pirates have considerably upped the ante, offering young Reese the major league minimum of $327,000 to pitch for them next year.

Pirates GM Dave Littlefield said Reese exhibits “pin-point control and a willingness to take direction, even if it goes against every moral fiber of his being. That’s the kind of player the Pittsburgh Pirates are looking for.”

Manager Jim Tracy said that Reese will be the Pirates’ enforcer. “When I need to hit a batter in the groin,” Tracy said, “Keith is going to be my ‘go-to’ guy.”

haha

MJ hit like a whopping .192 or so in the minors. thats pretty bad.

exactly, the WORLD SERIES, is a big deal no matter how boring the previous 160 games were.

yeah they play for 10 seconds at a time, but in that 10 seconds their running into each other at full speed, fully intending to cause as much pain to the opposing team as possible. I baseball, you “tag” someone. :greddy:

and why should the taxpayers foot some of the bill? Ya know how 65,000 people show up to down town when the Steelers play? Those 65,000 people stay in hotels, go to restaurants, go to bars, park their cars, etc.

This generates tax revenue for the city, and profits for its citizens.

Good point darkstar, I forgot how much money the city makes from tons of police overtime and countless hours of clean-up. Also, thanks for pointing out that all 65,000 people stay in hotels, I forgot that nobody drives to the games. Oh wait, some of them do, but that’s ok because we love wasting gas in traffic jams here in Pgh with the rivers, bridges and tunnels. I’m sorry, but could you remind me how I make more money when there is a Steeler game…oh, my fault, I forgot that the bank gives me a raise everytime Troy catches an interception.

I have an idea, why doesn’t the government just subsidize everything that makes oney?? That’s a good idea…oh wait, that’s communism. Thanks for reminding me that you don’t know anything about economics.

Football is ok, Baseball has a little longer history in this country. Thanks for starting the gayest, lamest thread evAr.

i only give a fuck about it when the yankees are in the world series…but i grew up watching them at yankees stadium…

and what do the bucs know about playing baseball? I rest my case.

even if that was all true, baseball would still be :greddy:

football players have it easy. 16 games a fucking year with maybe a few more for the playoffs. These fucking pansies should play 100+ games a year for the amount of cash they get paid. Hockey is every bit as physical as football and those guys have a lot more games and get paid less, football sucks. Baseball players have a lot of games, but come on. It’s no more physically demanding than the world series of poker or curling.

basically hockey>*

how could hockey be > anything when the US voted it out of ‘sports’ not only two years ago…?