Motivations for tailgating?

Here’s my take;

OMG! :rant:
I don’t tail gate any truck, for obvious… obvious reasons. But they do this all the time on 422… they sway so much on all the bends it pounds my car with stones… makes me… wish I had an RPG mounted in the front tail light.

I have no patience for this kind of bullshit. I put in an hour each way to work and back every day, most of which is on a one lane… and truck route.

Today was a stunning example of a trucker that got irritated with me. Oh I dunno, I was 4-5 cars back… typical sway tossing shit all over my car… 20 cars in between him and traffic. Passing zone came up, I dipped out, all clear and I’m gone. As I’m just up to his window he swerves into the oncoming lane to try and make an attempt to pinch me onto the shoulder.

Luckily I had a good 30mph on him and slipped thru while he wiggled to pull the truck back after swerving so hard. Guess it wasn’t his day.

I don’t tail gate, I don’t brake check. I speed when conditions merit the ability to. I’m a 60+ on 422 kinda person. Most people do atleast 50 on this road. The cops won’t even look at you for going 60. I prefer 70-80. And I cannot stand 45-70,50-70,50-70… go 60 the whole time. I’ll patiently trail along behind you! I probably won’t even bother passing.

But I always pass trucks. They just bombard my car with too much shit. I do so in a legal passing zone and accelerate fully, and also leave plenty of room between before re-entering their lane.

On the highway I’m a left lane driver. Obviously because I’m going 15-30mph faster than highway traffic speeds. I’m a firm believer I should never have to touch my brake pedal on the highway. Ever. If you prefer to do the speed limit, I fully understand. I’ll hover behind you at a safe distance fully expecting you to move over at your earliest ability to without having to speed up more than a little to do so. But make me sit behind you for no reason lasts about 2 minutes or so. Then I close the gap, and give you one last try to learn how to drive. Maybe one of those real soft half taps of the horn. The courteous ones, like at a light when the person fell asleep on front of you. Or I’ll waver a bit so my normal lights give you a small glint in your mirrors.

But after that I WILL pass you. Usually by then the guy in the slow lane has enough sense to either speed up and let me thru, or slow down and let me thru. Alot of people do undertsand the unwritten rules of the road. Its just the few that dont that make day to day stuff such a hassle.