Moto X next to LVD?

So rumor has it Howard wants to put in a motocross track next to the dragway which I think is a great idea, but as of right now the project is at a complete hault.

http://www.registerstar.com/articles/2010/08/13/chatham_courier/news/doc4c61cd2192da8107449454.txt

Hopefully everything works out I wouldn’t mind some dirtbike action at the Valley.

I would love to see it as well.

I’m not sure why they are not permitting the construction?

Noise ordinances would hardly be a concern for those living around there.

That would be awesome, but doesnt look to be getting to far.

I cant imagine the noise being worse than the noise from the speedway or dragway already is and its not like it would be running 24/7 so whats the big deal? A few morons that chose to live on top of an already existing set of tracks has an issue with it?

I would live it as it would be another place I can get my quad on but the insurance for that type of thing is absolutely retarted. Im talking crazy insurance that would be worse then the insurance they already have just to cover the drags/drifting. Motocross is the most dangerous sport in the world and alot of insurance agencys dont even deal with it.

I can see that being one major reason why its at a hault…hell, my old insurance company dropped me after I broke my wrist because they found out I was a motocross racer…

Its not an insurance issue theyre having though, its one with the town.

im sure there is alot they are dealing with.

put it this way…

my motocross track is on the other side of round lake village…in the woods.

Last week some buddys were riding on my track and I went out fishing on round lake in my boat…I was all the way on the other side of the lake (about 2 miles total away from my track) and it sounded like they were right next to me WOT.

The people living up and down that road have got to be used to the noise. Circle track, drag, monster trucks, jet cars, drifting… nothing compaired to a bunch of dirt bikes. If its too loud, your too old. GTFO.

But yeah a 250/450 4 stroke for what ever reason projects sounds so damn far its unreal. Honestly though, in the woods, I thinks its louder for some reason. I know it doesnt make sense but it just seems to echo around a ton. All the tracks on flat land seem to hold the noise better. Maybe I am just on crack. i dunno.

If they are worried about the noise, just tell them the MX schedule will be the same as the other motorsports events.

as usual im sure people just need something to wine about because they are a bunch of fucktard pussies. i’d go check that shit out!!

God forbid they bring more money to that shit hole of a town. The people that live 40 feet from the return drag road all sit out back and watch in weekends, its not the people. The towns out here are all pains in the ass. A guy was trying to open a bass pro shop in schodack right behind the new dunkin across from the police station (coincidence?) and they wouldnt let them do it for some numerous bullshit reasons. Tax’s here are outrageous its just an all around ganbang on the people.

Yeah its all the uptight d-bags around here. The BPS would have been clutch! there are alot of outdoors people (for fucks sake schodack and such are fucking out in the sticks!) that they would have made BANK. Dick sporting goods just blows dick for fishing shit atleast, they never have the stuff I want when i need it.

Dunkin VS Schodack LOL My best friend is a cop there and yeah, they love that place. hahah.

yup

I went to myrtle this year and they have a BPS right there,…I bought some lures and shit I couldnt find at dicks to save my life!

Yeah, BPS for the win. the shipping cost sucks, but if you get a bunch in on a big buy the savings per item put you a head VS dicks prices… and yeah they have a shit ton more stuff.

RAPALA blows… over priced and the performance on the lures suck after a season or so of catching fish on them. Yo-Zuri have the same good action but seem to last longer and stay in tune… but they are non-existant in my box atm becasue we havnt found any good ones local, and didnt place a BPS order in a while.

I am usually a Rubber worm/frog/lizard/crayfish and spinner baits user, but recently I read a article that a new lure came out that was pretty much the exact movement clone to a real shiner or bait fish and Pro bass fisherman were using these lures in tournaments and were hammering fish like night and day from the other guys using the traditional lures.

Live bait isnt allowed in pro tournaments, and they are trying to eliminate and discontinue this lure because when its in the water, you cant tell what the lure is and which is the live bait.

I was skeptical about this lure. I found them at BPS in myrtle and I bought one. Last week I went out fishing in round lake and was using rubber frogs on the lillys and throwing white spinner baits along the weed line and some rubber worms in the lily pockets…nothing. This went on for about 2 hours.

I threw this lure on, first cast I hammered a bass…threw it back, 3 casts later, hammered a huge crappy, followed by another crappy and then I ended my night with a 4lb large mouth. This was within 45 minutes of using this lure. I need to buy more before they eliminate them from fishing stores and such because thats what they are trying to do.

I forgot the name of this lure, but its a 4 piece shiner clone that comes in 3 different sizes and it has weights you can add internally to make it a deeper diver lure. It was $15

Yep. Some millionair was ready to buy the land right there behind DD to the right of that intersection clear it all, level it all and build a huge BPS but the town didnt want to bring that type of comotion to the town and huge business. Might as well stay in the fucking stone age. Tractor supply is ready to close, burger king closed yesterday. Theres my pizza shop and my place and mercatos. Pretty much it. Idiots. Town is run by fucking idiots.

Dude what night this week are you going to go fishin? I am inviting myself to come aboard your water craft and wet a line! What kind of beer do you drink? :thumbup

lol I only have a little 10ft john boat that seats 2 people and I have a 2hp 2 stroke motor I use for that.

or I have a 12ft fiberglass canoe

You guys should take a ride to Cabela’s for fishing shit. Theres one on the UConn campus in CT and another in Hamburg, PA. Ive been to the one in PA twice and its a bit over 4 hours away and Ive been to the one in CT once and its around 3 hours away.

I use to order shit from their magazine…badass stuff they have!

The stores are awesome. I dont even hunt or fish and I still like going there.

They have everything in the catalog and even more stuff there including boats.