Motor Trend tests new ZR1

exactly what Im saying…

good answer.

An 8 second 900+HP street civic/integra is ridiculous and rare, 8 sec V8’s? big deal dime a dozen. You can’t even compare the cars in stock form, that’s just retarded.

+1 even though before seeing that car I wanted a 996/997

But you can’t highly modify the ZR1 because of the market of aftermarket parts for it, and you’d be retarded to ruin a collectors item and start ripping it apart by modding it. Also the point the people talking about the civics or integras or whatever is that it takes like 10% of the cost of a ZR1 to make them that fast.

since that car doesnt exist yet, we shall not bench race it. but assuming it responds like the 03-04 cobra. it should make for a nasty car, or a 1 pass car since it needs a cage already

And you cant use money. The last thing the person buying the ZR1 is thinking is " Shit I could have saved soooo much money if I just dumped 25% of what I spent on this car into a sweet civic". Nope, not what their thinking.

It’s pretty difficult to compare a brand new ZR1 to a 10-15 year old Honda Civic.

Tony Palo getting his Integra into the 8s is amazing. Although it wouldn’t do all to well in the twisties, thats for sure :ohnoes

I dont understand, are you missing what My point is?

Im saying you get Highly moddified car owners jumping around saying that this and that car in stock form is not impressive because my highly modded car barely edged it out…Im talking in a second person point of view…not my own.

it does exist?? one just arrived in long Island to a personal owner…and Howard has one on the way.

few shops have done testing…

Bone stock it made 557rwhp…headers and a tune, it made 598…and 549rwtq.

youre comparing two entirely different types of cars. dollar for dollar, the ZR1 is a great car, when compared to cars in its class, like a Ferrari, or lamborghini, or a GT2 Porsche… see what im saying… if you want to go FAST in a straight line, on a budget, buy a turbo honda… but again, different markets.

dude, im saying a highly modded version, read what i quoted from pants party.

I had that gut feeling this thread would turn into this…but I don’t regret starting it.

threads like this are entirely necessary.

yep, you’re right because a majority of people that will be buying them are old rich fucks that won’t mod it, but will have you here to dream/speak for them if they were to mod it.

Some old guy already has a black one in the Colonie area.

Exactly, and in that case I would be taking a Ferrari, Porsche, or Lamborghini.

:thumb

Id be pissed if some prick in a Honda civic beat my brand new ZR1.

especially if it looked like the red daily you have ;D

:rofl oh hell yeah

Haha deff. Mike would of been “that guy” if the car was still together.

that how you look at it…

but is that how he looks at it? he might look at it like “hey, That highly modified car beat my bone stock one” and at the end of the day…the car is rare and sexy.

yup…next year you should be that guy

Yes it would, its a street car!