motorcycle accident clifton park

I just got cut off this morning by another motorcyclist who was making a left onto the street I was riding on. He probably saw me coming when I was 15 feet away and hit the brakes. Everybody is guilty of bad driving, bikers included.

One issue with the helmet flying off, is that it could have been improperly sized or a hand me down from a friend of his… we will never know but something was definitely not right about the situation.

RIP.

Oh dont get me wrong I know everyone can drive dumb like when you are in line waiting for the light and then some dumb fuck on a bike comes cruising down the side of the road, sometimes just makes you want to open your door and just smack him up, people just dont notice that shit until its too late because nobody should be coming down from there

I have been soo tempted to do that in stand still traffic but never did it. It is not my fault your car is too wide to do what I can on a bike. but I am sure it is illegal somehow.

I will however be that dick that rides all the way down the other lane, passing everyone tring to turn at a light, and time it right to sneak right in the second or third car as the light turns green! I used to save like 10 minutes off my ride home at the end of the day going down washington ave ext towards Rt155 to go to central.

well it could be part jealousy for me also BUT honestly that is very unsafe for the rider and it is illegal. though the accessibility is so great for a bike

It should be at least a case and trial for Involuntary Manslaughter IMO.

Yep, lane splitting is illegal in NYS.

As a man who wears a helmet for a living, in my 16 years as a professional firefighter I’ve never seen a chinstrap failure occur in one of our helmets.

Years ago, I remember having brought in a charged attack line to a 2nd floor fire. Another crew was ahead of me, but there was a problem with their line and they had no water.

The guy wouldn’t back out (as he was supposed to) and the seat of the fire was just in front of him. So I did a sweep of the fire with my nozzle, and part of my stream caught his helmet and it went flying.

He got an instant tan on his forehead because of his stubbornness.

To this day, when he talks about fire ground safety … I like to remind him of his “chin strap” failure. Of course, he says nothing.

Whatever was the case with that motorcyclist, I pray his family finds comfort in these difficult times …

Yea but fire helmets are A LOT easier to get off.:Idiots There designed to protect from falling debris apposed to moto helmet that protects from collision in any direction. A high pressure stream of water to the back of the head will knock any fire helmet Ive seen chin strap or not. In no event should your moto helmet come off if the helmet is properly sized and tightened. (unless factory mistake in chin strap) Your talking apples and oranges.