Motorcycle Inspection

Before someone chimes in with a friend of a friend who does inspections, they have to be licensed for motorcyces to inspect them.

So, does anyone have a license to inspect motorcycles? I have a bike I need inspected.

Take it to any motorcycle shop?

It should pass right?

i get mine inspected at Ray Laks Honda on Walden in Lancaster

is there a reason it wouldn’t pass?

There are reasons it might not pass… which is why I’m here, and not down the road at the bike shop.

I guess I should have stated that bluntly to begin with… lol.

what are the reasons? a motorcycle inspection covers just the basics.

depending on age it covers even less

so why wont it pass why dont you say why, also most people ride around with no inspections anyways and no licenses so do you really need an inspection? i get mine inspected every year but apparently thats the case^^ when i went to my ride with pride course i was the youngest kid by 20 years and all the adults were riding without licenses and the proper paperwork

Jack is 1081 still your number? Ill check with Lamont tomorrow or thursday. IDK, been a couple years since I had to ask…

Thats it nik.

Its an older Harley, not really legal.

what’s not legal? paperwork or equipment?

and what specifically do you think is not legal if its equipment? what year is it? it’s probably exempt from most inspection points

jack - how old?
and what dont you think will pass?

Im currently in the same boat here guys. I wanna get my chopped honda inspected but not sure if theres anything that might fail.

Its a 74 honda cb450 with NO turn signals or liscense plate light. I did install tail and stop light obviously and it still has working horn. tires have great tread but there a little dry from age, but holding air great. sooo, im not sure if anyone can help a brother out here.:slight_smile:

I’ve never had a bike fail inspection. Always went to freewheeling for them.

I’ve got a shop in NT does my bike’s for me. good friend. if you want to come up this way i could help.

I’ve also heard good things about freewheeling, and am gonna try to go there for mine soon.

I had my 79 CB750F fail at Hamburg Honda for very light dry rot on the tires. I road it for two year without an inspection after that. :confused:

http://nysdmv.com/forms/cr79.pdf
Motorcycles start at page 112 section 79.28

don georges is good. I take mine there… in and out quick…

I remember when radio active on the blvd was open they would pass anything… lol

Isnt Radio Active on Niagara Street now? I thought I drove by there not to long ago and saw them.

EDIT: Radio Active Choppers on Niagara street. Dont know if there the same

+1