Motorcycle oil change

I’m not totally sure what type of oil to use and i don’t want to use something that will do more damage that good. I was told by a few people to use full synthetic oil in my bike, but others have told me to only use a semi synthetic because the transmission uses the same as the motor for lubrication. Full synthetic could possibly damage the clutches. I have 10,000 miles on my bike and i just would like to hear some opinions on what some of you run and what would be ideal for me.

call dealer

Here’s a better idea, search a motorcycle forum.

when theres many knowedgeable riders on this fourm ? …you suck

And when there’s many lazy riders on an auto forum…

i’ve always used full synthetics, 20w50. and I’ve bought 2 racebikes, both came with quarts of 20-50 full synth that the bikes had been run on

ive been told synthetics are fine as long as you stay away from any kind of additive esp containing moly because it ruins the clutches

Go to weavers and pick up yamalube. Obviously Yamaha makes it but it will work the same in your bike.

it’s just mobil 1

triumphs use a fully synthic with the additive 4T for the clutches, the fully snythectic is “to slippery” for the clutch plates sometimes…

mobil 1 has some with 4T

the mobil 1 mx4t… best fully sin oil. $9 a quart

oil doesnt have to be syntehtic, i use valvoline 20w50 with 30% lucas, and the clutch is much nicer than it used to be with just the 20w50

I have run Reg. 10w-40 in all my bikes with a factory kaw. oil filter. Stay away from aftermarket filters…seen some bad things happen with them!! I usually dump the oil every month or when i needed to change out burnt clutch plates from racing. Ive never gone more then 1000 miles without changing the oil and i would change the filter every 3rd time. 4qts of oil is a very inexpensive way to keep your motor alive!!

I picked up 4 quarts of Amsoil 10w40. Thanks for all the replies btw