Motorcyle Crash on I-90 This Morning

A good friend of mine Travis Braun was clipped by a SUV on the 90 this morning. He is seriously injured and got out of surgery a few hours ago. Doctors have no real word on how he will be functioning when done. Travis grew up in Holland and some of you on here know him from Club W where he is a manager.

Please keep Travis and his family in prayer.

There is a benefit at Club W tonight (where he is a manager) at 199 Deleware. Please consider attending and donating to help him and his family during these hard times.

A motorcyclist is now in critical condition at ECMC after colliding with an SUV Friday morning on the I-90 Westbound near exit 56 in Blasdell.

The cyclist crashed into the back of a Jeep Liberty SUV that was in the process of changing lanes, according to a spokesperson for the New York State Police. The SUV driver was not hurt.

Travis Brown, 26, of Eggert Road in Buffalo, was taken by Mercyflight to ECMC where he’s listed in critical condition.

NITTEC cameras captured the traffic problem caused by the crash. The Thruway is now open in both directions but there are lane restrictions.
404 Not Found | wgrz.com

oh shit, hope he recovers fully.

Wish him well.

i heard the doctors say there is a good chance he will be a quadrapalegic. he is currently in a medically induced coma. my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

get better buddy.

This really sucks to hear. Travis is such an awesome person and its shitty to hear all this is happening to him. If you read the comments on the article for channel 2, it makes me so angry to see what people really have to say.

Honestly, saying that someone deserved this because they own a motorcycle and thats just the standard thats been set for them is just idiotic. Hopefully he pulls through and can someone recover from this. Best of luck Travis.

so far riding on my way to work this week, I have been cut off but a woman driving. She wasn’t even paying attention just started coming into my lane. Then a taxi decided to speed up behind me and cut across 2 lanes to get into the fast lane. I got infront of both of these people and flipped them off while shaking my head.

gl to him…

best wishes to him and his family.

Get well travis…

A. i hate hearing about this
B. I really hate hearing about mercy flight
C. I hate NOT hearing that the car was cited if the car was in fact at fault.

so sad.

These are the stories that make me think twice about getting another bike next year. Too many idiots on the road making careless mistakes. I’m sure I’ve been guilty about it before, but having ridden now I’m much more aware of riders when I’m driving. Hopefully he recovers well…such a terrible story to hear.

that sucks… :confused:

best wishes to him

+1

Good luck to your buddy and all of those that have been down this year.

best wishes to him and his family.

Very sorry to hear. Some real fuckin douchebags on the roads these days.

+1

every year there are thousands of new boys/girls on the road, doing their makeup,texting, etc…

It’s almost not even worth the risk anymore :frowning:

I hope this guys heals well!

best wishes to your friend and his family, never good when any of this happens! hope for the best

Ugh. Best wished to him. Keep us updated please.

Unfortunatly since my accident in 2006, all of this really contributes to me not buying another Bike. Though I have ridden a few times since, I almost always have close calls when riding a bike and I’m just not sure I’m willing to put my life in the hands of another. Atleast for me in a car I have a much better chance :gotme:

I hope he comes out ok, anyword any exactly what happen? I’m guessing this car cut him off?

^if every time you ride you have close calls… you’re doing it wrong.

There is definitely a risk of riding… I hope Travis pulls through and makes a full recovery… I hate hearing about wrecks, i hate it even more when immovable objects are involved, and hate it even more when it happens at over 60 mph.

Not that I have close calls of wrecking all the time, But If I wasn’t as defensive as I was while riding, I’d would be in trouble :gotme:

UPDATES ON THIS??? nobody has said shit… is he doing better now !!!