Move over Chicago

Toronto overtakes Chicago as North America’s 4th largest city

Since Toronto was amalgamated in 1998, it has billed itself as North America’s fifth largest city after Mexico City, New York, Los Angeles and Chicago.

But according to the latest census data from Statistics Canada, as of last July 1, Toronto’s population was 2,791,140, about 84,000 more than Chicago’s 2,707,120.

caught this on my timeline today.

congrats toronto broooos

chicago > toronto, sorry, eh?

Toronto is one of the greatest cities I’ve ever been to, without question.

I was just in Toronto last weekend… I go maybe two or three times a year and every time I get within 30 minutes of downtown, there are just more and more skyrises I dont remember from the last time I drove in. That city is growing at such a fast rate its scary. Its such a clean and beautiful city too although I have to say again, relative to its size, its not nearly as bustling as other comparable cities. Still really cool to have such a big metropolis close to Buffalo.

It’s pretty cool except for all the Canadians

+1

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

+1 for this also. Definitely cool to see a large metroplois area growing as fast as Toronto. I am always impressed with their architecture and design.

that’s true about the bustling… i guess the city is more spread out or less dense that other areas.

it’s weird because the subway here is so terrible… or perhaps that’s what keeps people in cars and off the sidewalks

I’ve been to Toronto, maybe with the wrong people? But it wasn’t very impressive.

live 30 mins from toronto, nice city… I like ottawa more…

with that said, every American city I’ve been too… I’m always in fear of getting robbed/mugged and constantly seeing people walking around with loaded guns, not cool

I read this as “more and more skylines” it’s true either way.

Toronto is awesome! I always have good times there, So much stuff to do. seems like a very clean city, unless I just miss all the bad parts haha.

I’d totally live there if the opportunity ever came about

Toronto is definitely an attractive area for Canadians to move to. Almost 40% of the entire Canadian population lives in Ontario, about 10% of the total population in Toronto itself.

I’ve mentioned before that my step dad (a Canadian) was part of an effort to look into and work on the problem of traffic and expansion of Toronto. The area was never planned to handle the number of people that have moved in over the years. I have no idea what Toronto’s current plans are to solve this growth by-product.

The growth is great, but population numbers only tell part of the story.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Haha :tup: