moving out of state, insurance Q

I’ll be going back to school, out of state

it’ll only be temporary though (a couple years max), so I don’t plan on getting my license changed…

now does that have any connotations with respect to insurance?

call your insurance company and ask?

Are you still plating it in NY?

I lived in NC for a few years with NY insurance/ plates. I did get in an accident too while i was there. What do u need to know? Your better off getting insurance else where cause NY is one of the most expensive states for Auto insurance. I think you have had to of lived at an address for a 6 month period to get a new policy in a different state

I want to keep NY plates, I don’t want to go through the hassle (and cost) of switching over my license and vehicles

I wondered if the insurance company will decline claim if something happens. Also do you guys know if insurance companies will write a policy for a car registered in one state, but parked in another?

No they will not decline your claim, to your second question…yes they will, if its not going to be driven then just get comp/theft insurance

if you are going to school then you do not need to change your license or your plates.

You should update your address where the vehicle is parked, and they will adjust the policy based on where it is parked.