MPG C5 vs Prius

:rofl:

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtPwnsyGTxw”]YouTube - Corvette Gets Better Gas Mileage than Prius? - Garage419[/ame]

impossible, the vette cannot be beat.

:rofl: , nice vid

yep C5’s are nasty at gas mileage. i’ve heard better than 30mpg tho

low weight+overdrive=good gas mileage

the only problem with a vette is, you have to be driving like a pussy to get that mileage. And if you drive it like you should, gas mileage is bad.

If you own a sports car, it should be driven like one.

I’m completely hammered, eating edys butterfingr iscreme… i like d that

though, c5 vette, ive seen over 30 add day. i’ll have more fun, stomp u to the destination and look better than the prisu al day long… f.king hoes

I figured if I searched enough threads I’d find out why you were posting like that haha…can’t even understand half of your shit.

in all fairness, the test was hilly, highway driving, right?

the prius excels at city driving. its city numbers dwarf its highway numbers, and would double (or triple) the vette’s highway numbers.

but the prius is gay, so it’s a toss up. :smiley:

Agreed. I’d rather go broke getting 12 MPG in something rather than look like a total poof driving a Prius.

i remember what it was like to be a kid, with no sense of priorities.

enjoy it while you can.

Kid or not - Prius < *

I think I would have to disagree. I would definitely drive a prius as a DD if I had something else I could drive for fun and not have to worry about MPG. They may not be the best looking car, and a lot of environmentalist prick might own them, but they are good on gas and reliable.

After I smashed my Jeep, had one for a rental. It was awful. I hated everything about it.

/rant

The Prius/hybrid craze has caused MPG zombies to appear in our streets. They won’t pull out in fear of lowering their MPGs, so they sit there, even with the right of way, so they can leisurely pull out and not drop that little MPG meter into a lower MPG.

IOW, if you drive like a pussy and are an MPG zombie then yes, you shouldn’t own any Corvette.

I like envy the people who trade in their New suv and then buy a 30k hybrid.

Yeah 3-5 years down the road it makes sense after you paid it off :rofl:

sorry but if gas was really going to make me go broke, id be looking into different ways of transportation. and then if it was, why would i get a new car payment just to have better gas mileage?

the prius is super ghey.

yeah its a toyota

um, I don’t know if anyone actually watched the video, but the Prius stomped the Vette. 40mpg vs. 30mpg…

Given the Vette has 8 cylinders that ran the whole time, versus a car that has 4 cylinders and an electric motor that alternate, not too shabby at all IMO.