Mustang loses to Saab family car

True story.Dickhole in Mustang revs at me while coasting down the highway. We finally catch a red light. We go from a dig, my 2004 Saab 9-3 Linear versus 98-00 style Mustang GT. Traction control turned off. The Saab pulls 1 car in 1st, 1 car in 2nd and holds on to the lead all the way to 110 mph. I hit the brakes because we are approaching my exit. Mustang then gives me the domestic e-thug “fly by”. Too funny.

drove a brand new Saab 93 turbo to the dsm shootout last weekend. thing was a blast to drive. power was so smooth and felt pretty stable at 100mph+

I believe it, my boyfriend also has a new Saab 9-3 2.0T and it moves nicely. Plus can’t beat that for a 4door…that car is fun.

nice kill

whats the linear got in it?? motor wise??

sweet

nice

pic

all of the 03-05’s 9-3ss have the same 2.0 DOHC turbo ecotec based motor.

The linear is rated at 179hp and 195 torque, but typically dyno at 190 whp and over 200 ft/lbs. Underrated to say the least.

The ARC and Aero have the same motor but a bigger turbine and slightly more boost. They are rated at 210 hp and usually spit out a little more to the wheels.

You can tell the difference in 9-3’s by looking at the trunk.
If it says 2.0t (lower case t for smaller turbo) it is a linear.
2.0T (upper case T for larger turbo) it is an ARC
and the aero’s will just say aero on the trunk lid.

:bigthumb:

i want a 9-3 Aero

Supposed to be a 9-3 aero AWD coming soon.

I don’t know how you managed that with the TCS off… I drive my mom’s 2002 Saab 9-3 SE (Vert/5-Speed/2.0t) and cant get traction all the way through first and part way through second? Haha

congrats man…nice kill ricer flyby FTW haha

Geah! Turbo Ecotec FTW.

Nice one!
‘Stangs are good eatin’…
They never believe they can be beaten’ by a little 4 cylinder 4-door. Fun times.

i know. ive been following it :wink:

can’t wait till we get one in

Another swede beats a steed, nice kill.