My Big Block S10 / RANT

Well after 5 weeks of waiting for parts. and such.
TheTruck was alive. My Machinist finsihed adjusting some shit at my shop on the motor, got truck back together, cab on, etc. Truck rocked even without tune/timed right.

On the way home. Oil went to 0. :frowning:

Top end is $3k fresh and new,but bottom end just didnt want to have anything to do with all the new shit.
I should have freshend up bottom end even thow it checked out good.

So the 496 big block is done, pissed. Not sure what motor im going with now but ill end up doing something large. TT 572 big block or maybe just lsx 454 small block it. with lots of spray.

Gotta give many thanks to Pat/PsychoPJV for non stop help.

And a small thanks to Sherminator/Formula Ls1 for being me and pats coffee/ciggerate bitch and brake bleeder :lol:

it sounded so pissed off and sexy tooā€¦as usual anytime with the help.all you gotta do is CALL ME and you know iā€™ll be there.

that sucks.

pay to play.

you should just do a lsx swap into it and spray on top of that, it would scream. big blocks can be a real PITA. good luck with it brah

uhh that effin sucks :frowning: cant wait to see this monster next year

There is a local guy selling a '68 396 for dirt cheap. It is apart for inspection purposes, but I guess all is there. You could pick this up and at least have the truck up and running in a day for next to nothing, just a thought.

http://www.rodandpiston.com/db/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4347

BOOOOOO :tdown: I wanted to see this thing in action. Sorry to hear about that man.

That sucksā€¦ I have the same worries for my motor at break in. Hopefully it was built rightā€¦

Sorry to hear that dude, it sucks, I knowā€¦

Had something similar happen TWICE to my brother and the BB that was in his truckā€¦ first time the shop ā€œforgotā€ to clearance the pistons to the cylinder heads so they were ever so slightly tapping each otherā€¦ 5 minutes and 8 bent piston pins later we got to pull the motor right back outā€¦

Second timeā€¦ one of the roller lifters seized and ate the cam lobe right offā€¦

After that, he just grabbed my BBC that I had sitting in storage and threw it in his truck and thatā€™s rocked for the past 7 years in it.

Ohā€¦ and pulling the motor out of his truck isnā€™t as easy as mostā€¦ seeing his hood line in 6ā€™ above the groundā€¦ Need an overhead gantry to pull the motor!!

sorry to hear that man, nothing is more disappointing than having something you thought was going to be excellent, fail, and then realize you have to start all over again :frowning:

gl w/your next choice though

:frowning:

:tdown: that sucks man sorry to hear that

i hate let downsā€¦ wow its running then bam its deadā€¦ its like losing a friend

:pimp:

:carnut

LSX motarā€¦keep the truck light and even faster.

Motor is apart, Its bad. But its getting alot better.
All new bearings,Cam & Pistons.

13.1 Comp. Full Race Gas.
Lots more power, New Tranny & Rearend. High 9ā€™s Low 10ā€™s

350 SBC LARGE FRAME TURBO :tup:

Whatā€™s with all these motors blowing up fresh out of the machine shop? I have heard a lot of horror stories with engine machining/building the last 2 years.

damn jeremy, that sucks :tdown:

bet this could actually surpass the burnout that woke up gandhi and the cops a couple years ago at twiztedā€™s

:tup: to bigger and better, & not letting it get you down

If its that bad ,talk to me about the heads i need a set

Did you figure out what went wrong? Autopsies can be very educational.