My Break Cable Snapped...

So my break cable snapped and punctured my break fluid hose. and now I have all this clear fluid puddle under my car. smells like gasoline but it’s thick like break fluid. I tried taking my honda to the toyota stealership assuming they could both work on each others cars, but they told me it was going to cost me $800. How do I fix this at home. my friend told me that duck tape would work but I don’t think it will hold for very long.

If it’s a brake line that snapped cut in front of the break and behind it. Get two couplers and put a patch section in. You’d need a pipe cutter and a 45 deg double flare tool.

Or you could take it to a brake/muffler shop and have them do it. Duct tape will not hold on a brake line.

Toyota said it could be done at home with heat shrinking tubing and a butt connector for speaker wire as long as I krimp it right.

toyota charges 120 dollars for a coolant flush on most cars.

Rear or front?

what wheel is it hard line or flex?

are telling me they told you to “crimp connect” the ermegency brake cable, and use heat shrink tubing on the brake hose?

That a serious liability for them to suggest … when it fails, they told you it would work!

Yeah. I’m confused as to what broke now…

If you have fluid leaking it’s either rubber or hardline, but you’re not going to fix either of them with duct tape or heat shrink.

Can you take a picture of what broke?

are you on fucking crack?

duct tape, crimp connectors, heat shrink tube?
keep in mind this STOPS THE FUCKING CAR!!! spend the money quit being a cheap ass before you kill someone else.

just use hockey tape, it’s better than duct tape.

brakes are not that important, I would recommend the cheapest and easiest repair possible. /sarcasm

find out where the leak is and replace that whole line, whether it’s the rubber line or the hardline.

brake

this has got to be a joke.

at least it better be,

Have you driven the vehicle since the breakage? if so is it hard to stop? or does the peddle go to the floor?

brake fluid doesnt smell like gas…

I’m hoping it is. The duct tape/heat shrink comment kinda :eek:

yeah I used the wrong word on purpose. yes it was a joke and I know that if anything was wrong with my brakes I would spend the money for a garage to fix it properly. I’m not a total n00b when it comes to cars. maybe I should check my headlight fluid next to make sure that’s not leaking either :hsugh:

:1320:

Same here. :nuts: Your brake system is basically just a basic hydrolic system. And its under a shitload of pressure when you goto hit your brakes. I don’t think there is enough duct tape & shrink tubing in the world for what you need. Best option would be just to take it to a garage that has the proper tools to flare and replace the section of line thats broken.

:rofl:

i think if you throw a few zip ties into the mix it might actually work

and bubble gum.

AND JB WELD.

Can;t be fixed unless Right Stuff is used