Fuel line questions inside...

Ok so I have been trying to get my beater (90 Corolla) on the road lately and have fixed all problems but one…rotted fuel lines, I don’t really have the time to fix all of them myself, originally I didn’t think they were that bad and I could do a quick repair but they seem much worse then I had thought, trying to get an idea of a repair shop would charge to repair them. Here is a pic of the rotted lines.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9679/fuelline.jpg

:ohnoes damn that looks bad!

Yea thats why I don’t have the time to fix it…but I mean I paid $100 for the car it has 120K on it and this is the only problem with it. So I’m not really complaining, just trying to get an idea what a shop would charge.

Take the car to a junkyard or recycler if they are leaking and causing you problems. You can’t justify doing that much work to a $100 car.

yeah dude that’s an insane amount of work, what motor is it?

your lookin at about 4-500 we just did one not long ago

ok…well what if I cut the rubber hose buy a connector…
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2669/9110016dor800011pridetl.jpg

…and then run a hose to where it isn’t rotted which is like 2 feet down the line, flare it and clamp the hose on?

I just need it to survive the winter!

You can do that, cob-job, but it should last through winter. Make sure to get fuel injection hose.

Did a similar repair to my Corolla’s fuel line (with clamps much better than worm clamps), it’ll last the life of the car. Link to better clamps-

The thing that sucks is that the brake (not BREAK) lines are going to pop at any moment. Mine were about 130 bucks from Toyota.

no problems with the brass unions and rubber hose, I’ve probably driven 100k miles with similar setups… haha…

Also, those brake lines are toast and will probably start leaking as soon as you touch them. They are not that expensive to replace if you do them yourself… You can run new lines from the master cylinder back to the rear suspension for a minimal amount of money… assuming you already have a tubing cutter and double flaring tool…

dont pull too hard on the tank’s breather tube or you wont be able to put more than 5 gal in it at a time.

ask me how i know

haha I’m gonna guess you just may have pulled to hard on that tube before…will remember thanks for the advice.

See my post before you. Too much of a pain to bend them yourself, readily available and cheap from Toyota. 1/2way thru doing them yourself you’ll wish you just bought the direct replacements.

bend your own, its mad easy, just replace those damn clamps where it connects to the rubber lines

You offering to do it for me DJ? lol I haz Jack Daniels…