my buddy's Heads/ Cams Mustang GT first startup with Vid

The car started for the first time today and sounds NASTY :smiley: … i have never heard one of these cars cammed before. Patriot stage 2 heads, Comp stage 2 cams (i think the duration is in the 240’s with .550 lift) with full exhaust (only open headers here)

Damn thats sick. :tup:

sounds pretty mean

not too often you hear a 4.6 like that!

Shoulda swapped a Cobra motor or Aluminator but still Badass!

so it will run what??
high 12s?

nasty

true story… do post up dyno #s, track times. hope it’s quicker for all that $$ and effort, but it IS 1L below an LS1…

makes me miss my 99. :frowning:

yeah what do these cars dyno stock? 230rwhp for a A4?

Figure heads/cam is good for maybe 70rwhp at best= 300ish rwhp= high 12s/low 13s

im guessing the car should make 300 ish whp once tuned… with just an X pipe and 4.10’s the car went 8.9 @ 80 at Lancaster last year, not bad considering its a convert… so with heads, cams, lt headers, midpipe with no cats, and SCT tuner in addition it should move out better… he also has a nitrous kit he is debating on hooking up. Time will tell i guess

sounds mean

lopey. i dig it.

Sounds very aggressive.What cams is he running?I am looking into some cams for my 4.6.But not sure which ones to get.I heard the Crower V2 cams were nice.

Sounds like a cammer should?

Now it’ll keep up with the 'ol LT1!

they are comp cams… i will ask him the number when i talk to him next but i think the Mustang guys reffer to it as a stage 2 cam.

Nice,Let me know.

wow
Its easy to forget how slow these cars are
My bone stock A4 93 Lt1 Z28 with 3.23s ran 9.1s@79mph
changing out 2 cams to hit stock Ls1 territory!!!

Help him see the light man!!

damn jim didnt see u posted it lol…i just made a thread of it…

and also i have a clutch and things but yeah… dyno will be after i break in the clutch and i still may spray her… so we will see what happens

also another vid… cops did show up too … dammit i wanted to go around the block open header too

I remember way back when Seb had his 99 all pumped up…sounded nuts. From what I heard SHM caused him a lot of grief.