My car is burning oil. What do I do?

loan it to your mom !!!

its official Mr hilton has 2 tools in his tool box, a crack pipe and a hone.

what kind of car is this? lol

it is probably the headgasket, and the oil is leaking down on to the exhaust.

i bet you smell it burning when you are at red lights.
maybe we can do a group by on 2.5l headgaskets.

edit: but that seems odd for a dohc.
mike?

If you want to bring it by the shop we can do a cylinder head leakdown test. Then we’ll know if it’s a head gasket or piston ring and you can decide what you want to do in terms of fixing it.

That said, I want to have a look at the car before even doing a simple test like that in case it’s something simple.

PM me for details.

if its a 2.5L consider the Imfamous headgasket problem lol

NOOOOO you dont say!!! :lolham:

Sorry I’m a retard. I figured my sig. would help.

'99 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs

Tampon?

fyi: the newer 2.5rs’s 00-01 maybe 99? depends on production date switched to a sohc. but it isnt at all odd for any subaru to have headgasket problems from what i’ve seen (minus the H6’s, and the new ones are too early to tell)
hence
http://www.artsautomotive.com/SubaruCoolingSysCond.jpg
aka holts radiator sealer aka headgasket in a can
if you end up needing anything give me a call (Anthony) at northtown and i’ll see what i can do for u, that goes for zerodaze too.

From the info provided, which isn’t alot, and experience, my first GUESS without any more info would also be coil pack.

:tup: thanks
i wouldn’t think that the fix for the hg coolant leak would work with an oil leak.
from the reading i have done, it almost seems like the hg problem changed through the years. earlier problems had coolant leaks, and then the later ones piss oil.

why would a coil pack leak oil? you need to stop sniffing exhaust :slight_smile:

Hmmm… 2.5 Subaru?

Ahh, the infamous headgasket rears it’s head.

So glad I have the bulletproof 2.2 as underpowered as it may be.

Could be bad valve seals.

Welp, I checked the codes again and now I have 2 more. So the o2 sensor code showed up, and now a misfire in cyl.2 code, and a knock sensor code. I’m doing plugs and wires on Monday. We’ll see how that goes. I’ll get shit fixed little by little.

Wires?

These are not coil on plug

don’t dump any more ring sealer shit into your crankcase.

I have no idea why people buy that stuff.

any particular reason behind this? it seems harmless. i actually noticed an improvement.

Even the Subaru Cooling System Conditioner posted above is crap. It’s radiator stop leak and will only lead to more problems.

Your 2.5L is famous for blowing head gaskets so it may be that. The only other thing I can think of is the MAF sensor. Since your car is a '99 and the only year they used MAF sensors on the SOHC engine, they were infamous for breaking. They switched to MAP for '00/'01 and those don’t have the issue. It’s a gamble with the MAF cars, sometimes the sensor lasts a few months, sometimes longer.